1917 Marmon Model 34 Touring Car

1917 Marmon model 34 Touring Car for sale by owner. In storage for many years. Car is complete and serviceable. Problem with aluminum in the engine, second engine ready to drop in car is  included. Owned by well known Marmon enthusiast for many years. Selling for my brother. Will answer any questions. $40,000. 845-876-7309, ask for John

DSC00842.JPG

DSC00832.JPG

DSC00834.JPG

DSC00836.JPG

DSC00837.JPG

DSC00838.JPG

DSC00839.JPG

Edited by 41 Su8 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, it's still for sale. Here is what I can tell you. I bought the car from Lou so he could get on with his business without worries. I'll have more time to sell the car than he will. I got the car to my house and cleaned it up for photos. The engine in the car is stuck, but "it ran when Lou parked it."  I thought I could get it running for Hershey, but now not sure. I will have it at Hershey booth CM18 right next to the Marmon club hang-out with Clay Thomas, unless it sells before that. There is another engine that is cast iron that has been rebuilt and ready to drop in. The car is complete to the best of my knowledge but obviously will need some work. Unfortunately, the barn was not secured in time and some bastard stole the air pump. The car will speak for itself. I will also have many other Marmon parts for sale at the booth. If the car does not interest you, you can stop by for a drink and just talk cars. Call me if interested, Frank Iaccino 518-755-0986.

Edit

Options  

Reply to this topic...

IMG_1577.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1572.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1573.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG

IMG_1569.JPG

IMG_1580.JPG

Just bringing this back into view... Progress has been made on the engine. It now spins freely after an application of kroil to the rings. Next is to check the spark and hopefully will be running for Hershey. This is a BIG car and would be ready for touring soon.

Frank

It keeps getting better... Removed the carburetor and cleaned it up nice and pretty, new set of plugs. Spun it over and off she went. Seems to run well, but I have not driven it yet. Stay tuned, same time, same channel!!

Frank