1990 Reatta radio core

ChrisWhewell

I have a non-working radio from a 90 Reatta, if anybody wants a core for parts.  All that appears to be missing is a machine screw.  The radio is GM # 16142094 , has the equalizer and cassette.   Neither the radio nor cassette work, the unit believes there's a casette in it and won't switch to the radio amp.

If you disassemble the unit you will find that the radio is one piece and the tape deck is a separate piece. First separate the 2 units. If you unplug the plug that connects the 2 (inside the tape deck) The radio should work but ,of course, the tape deck won't.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On July 18, 2016 at 3:39 PM, ol' yeller said:

If you disassemble the unit you will find that the radio is one piece and the tape deck is a separate piece. First separate the 2 units. If you unplug the plug that connects the 2 (inside the tape deck) The radio should work but ,of course, the tape deck won't.

Thanks !!  I wish I knew that before I bought one off ebay :)   Oh well, I suppose the "core" I have probably works, I guess I should get at least something for it.    thanks again.

• Like 1