1988 Chevrolet Crewcab headliner?

Hello and Happy July 4th,

I am looking for a headliner cardboard for my 1988 Chevrolet R20 Crewcab . This is the first gen Crewcab or some call the Square body.

I have looked high and low and it seems someone forgot this model.     FYI - Suburban headliners do not work - they are shaped differently.

Looking for advice......  thank you very much.

The original headliner base is spun fiberglass. I just went thru this issue with my 1986 K30. There seems to be nothing available yet aftermarket, but the need is there. I was able to locate an original that I used. They are very delicate and easily damaged. I took it to the local upholstery shop, and they were able to cover it for me. Best to check Craigslist for someone parting a 73-91 crew cab out.

IMG_0434.JPG

• Like 1

Thanks for that photo!   Nice rig (s)..... I thought the base was cardboard - no idea it was spun material.

LMC is MIA on this one too....

Problem is if I find a parts truck - I just may bring the old horse home and have a new project!  LOL

• 1 year later...

Update and useful information for others who may need a headliner such as my post.

Erin Ruddy of Ruddy Made LLC has reproduced this headliner from a fiberglass mold.     The quality is remarkable.  $450.00 + shipping

You can search for him on Facebook.   I do not have  website but I do know he is located in Alton, Missouri

Edited by bowtieollie (see edit history)