'37 Pontiac 6 Clutch Yoke Boot Seal replacement

kookie1

I sure could use a bit of help here if anyone knows.   I've searched for any info about my 37 Pontiac 6's clutch yoke boot seal but I can't find any info on it.   I want

to replace the old boot with a new one but can't find anything about it.   First of all, can someone tell me how to remove it?   And secondly, is a replacement possible to purchase or is it only a custom repair option.   It appears to be leather or maybe another fabric material.

Thanks, in advance, for any insight!

Clutch Yoke Boot 1.JPG

Clutch Yoke Boot 2.JPG

Pedal Support Bracket.JPG

No, Gary, I haven't looked into the magazine scene.   I have checked California Pontiac Restorations, Steele Rubber, Kanter Auto Products and several other websites from the Pontiac's of Central California website links page but still haven't had any luck yet.     Guess I just assumed about any old Pontiac owner would have come across this same problem before me.     Maybe I'm wrong!

Yes, it does help 1940Torpedo, thanks.    I've removed all the pedal parts, cleaned and painted them ready for installation but my shop manual doesn't have an exploded view of all the parts.    This will definitely help...considering my ageing brain for remembering how things go back together.    My camera is my only backup.   I suspect finding that clutch yoke cover to purchase is long gone but I am very curious as to what others have done as a replacement.    The diagram shows what appears to be bolts that hold this cover on but they're definitely not bolts as you can see in the pix.    I read somewhere that it snaps on but I've yet to figure out how that is.     Anyway, thanks for the info and the effort !!

Guest PetePontiac

Check with Kurt Kelsey phone 641-648-9086  in Iowa

or JOE CURTIS in NC  phone 828-298-8304 

• 3 months later...

Just thought I'd say I've eventually figured out, after further cleaning the heads of what I thought were not heads at all, that they're actually screw heads with a slot....DUH!!      I just wish someone would have said, "Hey, bozo, try a screwdriver in the bolt slot, that usually works for me!!"   Ha!    Guess I should have done a better cleaning job before asking for help.    Anyway, I'm now further into doing my own clutch yoke release boot.    Thanks again to all who took the time to help!