WTB 47 WINDSOR CLUB COUPE PARTS

7 hours ago, Steelbreeze said:

No one on the forum has any idea of a good place to locate parts for a coupe? No clues at all? 

Try Wildcat Auto in Sandy, Oregon or the Big M in Williams, California. They both have a website.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Steelbreeze said:

I am looking to buy some parts not sell. If you or him have some parts feel free to contact me. Please no thread jumping. Does he have and good extra parts for sale?

Since you're new here, we try to help each other. Welcome to the forum. A lot of knowledgeable and good people here. No thread jumping here. Didn't say anything about selling plus you were not looking for a trunk lid. If you were, I would not have posted. I would have stated if I had parts for sale but Jack beat me to it. We have the same cars, 4 dr sedans. From the A-pillar forward, these cars are the same. I took the post down as not to cause any bad vibes. Nice project for these cars is rare. Keep us posted.

Thanks

Dave

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

For reference. The front and rear bumper ends are the same for the front and rear on the coupe and sedan. The centers also will interchange except when you have a fluid drive tranny, the word fluid drive is embedded in the rear bumper. Also just learn the the rear gravel shield will interchange from a sedan to a coupe. Sold one to a customer with a 3 window business coupe from a 4 dr sedan and he said it was a bolt on.

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

No problems. I may have misread something. Another item I am looking for are the cowl mounted mirrors. Since you said they are the same in the front, maybe someone has a set of these. And I thought I had my grill problems figured out but as it stands I will still need the left and right top whiskers on the side and the top and middle bars in the center. I am not looking for show quality but something to look good on a daily driver with less pittage than my current ones. I sure wish there were somebody in south Florida that knew these cars mechanical so I can get it on the road. Everything has been rebuilt with all new parts but I just need to get the car motivated. And my budget is next to nothing unfortunately. This car deserves a much more prosperous owner. LOL I do paint and body to trade. (Fingers crossed)

Good luck with those mirrors, I looked for years.

I did run into a guy at a show that had some on his convertible and he told me that he bought them re-popped but were a thousand each. I didn't ask him where I could get some.

Are you referring to the 'whiskers' that run in front and over the front wheel opening? I have some of those extra but I used the best ones. It is very difficult to find these parts that are not pitted. Note that I painted the hood Eagle and the trunk pieces. I actually sanded and bondo'ed then painted. I painted the valences to match and it looks pretty good for a rat rod. And yea, its got a Hemi.

I couldn't justify chroming the bumpers so they are powder coated.

Beaches.jpeg

Beaches 2.jpeg

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)

Yes those are the "whiskers" I am referring to. The parts I don't need for the grill I have already found NOS that were affordable. If you would part with your top ones I guess we should exchange pictures to see which are better. I purchased a hood wing for a 49-50 in hopes it would fit but it is slightly different and would take a little hood mod that I don't wanna do since my 47 was restored totally bone stock. But it also is NOS and beautiful. I have it listed on eBay and hope someone gets to make good use of it. The chrome is excellent. As far as the mirrors, cough cough. A grand? not me. LOL  We'll see how it works out. If you want to email me pictures of the whiskers send to STEELBREEEEZE@AOL.COM. Thanx,

Mark

• 6 months later...

20160729_124446.thumb.jpg.e419f2a19314d1f5cc398571fe1378f2.jpg20160502_113859.thumb.jpg.219bde791e8788062cf305e118754ce6.jpgI'm still looking for the quarter window garnish moldings. And the top right and left whiskers for the grill. I need help with the car in South Florida if anyone on the forum is down here. Can exchange some paint and bodywork for good electrical work. I'll get this thing on the road yet. 

Edited by Steelbreeze
Inert pix (see edit history)

Funny thing. r

Record rainfalls the last two days and all the rivers are full and it has been bleak to put it mildly.

But hey!! a two minute sunny period to take advantage of.

I will try and send these to your email as well.

They are restorable at best.

IM003423.JPG

IM003421.JPG

IM003422.JPG

IM003424.JPG

IM003425.JPG

8 minutes ago, JACK M said:

My computer is having problems sending attachments so I don't think that these sent to your email.

Hope you can see them well enough here.

PM me if you want these.

They are pitted and should be rechromed.

Jack, we are getting slammed down here too. Would you have this part?

Beaches.thumb.jpeg.8c3f85c2f07bcd1d7b26e32f053f85d2.jpeg

10 hours ago, JACK M said:

Funny thing. r

Record rainfalls the last two days and all the rivers are full and it has been bleak to put it mildly.

But hey!! a two minute sunny period to take advantage of.

I will try and send these to your email as well.

They are restorable at best.

IM003423.JPG

IM003421.JPG

IM003422.JPG

IM003424.JPG

IM003425.JPG

Yeah, mine are better than this. Rechroming is not an option with what they charge for pot metal. Was quoted between 6-8 grand to do the complete grill. Way to rich for me.

10 hours ago, countrytravler said:

Jack, we are getting slammed down here too. Would you have this part?

Beaches.thumb.jpeg.8c3f85c2f07bcd1d7b26e32f053f85d2.jpeg

I have one in steel that was rechromed but they did a horrible job. It could be fine tuned and painted.  I ended up buying a brass one¦ so if you want the rechromed one just pay for shipping and it's yours.

Mark

2 hours ago, Steelbreeze said:

I have one in steel that was rechromed but they did a horrible job. It could be fine tuned and painted.  I ended up buying a brass one¦ so if you want the rechromed one just pay for shipping and it's yours.

Mark

I'll take it.

Dodge City Vintage 

PO Box 1687

Jamestown CA 95327

Thanks

Dave

• 1 month later...
On 7/28/2016 at 0:24 PM, countrytravler said:

For reference. The front and rear bumper ends are the same for the front and rear on the coupe and sedan. The centers also will interchange except when you have a fluid drive tranny, the word fluid drive is embedded in the rear bumper. Also just learn the the rear gravel shield will interchange from a sedan to a coupe. Sold one to a customer with a 3 window business coupe from a 4 dr sedan and he said it was a bolt on.

I had bought a rear gravel guard that was supposed to be for a coupe but did not fit my club coupe. The curvature at the ends was different. I did some modifying but would still rather get a correct fitting ones. I am still searching for most of these parts especially the quarter garnish moldings. And now I'm looking for the lower heater flap that opens at the bottom center of the heater. I need one with a good rubber seal

Edited by Steelbreeze
Wrong word (see edit history)

Not the stainless steel ones for the fenders but the one that fills in between the body and the bumper. The one I purchased was supposed to be from a coupe also but the ends did not have the correct curvature to match the quarter panel. Maybe an 8 cylinder is different. All I know is it was wasted money that I didn't have. What condition is yours in. I have midfield this one but would still rather have the correct one. Thanx

On 2/11/2017 at 1:30 AM, countrytravler said:

I'll take it.

Dodge City Vintage 

PO Box 1687

Jamestown CA 95327

Thanks

Dave

I keep checking PayPal and have not seen the funds deposited. Please let me know if you want it or changed your mind. Either is fine.

18 minutes ago, Steelbreeze said:

Not the stainless steel ones for the fenders but the one that fills in between the body and the bumper. The one I purchased was supposed to be from a coupe also but the ends did not have the correct curvature to match the quarter panel. Maybe an 8 cylinder is different. All I know is it was wasted money that I didn't have. What condition is yours in. I have midfield this one but would still rather have the correct one. Thanx

I will try and get you a picture of what I have this week as I am on the road next week.

• 5 months later...
On 8/8/2016 at 9:42 AM, JACK M said:

Good luck with those mirrors, I looked for years.

I did run into a guy at a show that had some on his convertible and he told me that he bought them re-popped but were a thousand each. I didn't ask him where I could get some.

Are you referring to the 'whiskers' that run in front and over the front wheel opening? I have some of those extra but I used the best ones. It is very difficult to find these parts that are not pitted. Note that I painted the hood Eagle and the trunk pieces. I actually sanded and bondo'ed then painted. I painted the valences to match and it looks pretty good for a rat rod. And yea, its got a Hemi.

I couldn't justify chroming the bumpers so they are powder coated.

Beaches.jpeg

Beaches 2.jpeg

Send me a picture of the mirrors you are looking for panchov587@gmail.com I have lots a parts 

IMG_20170906_041953.jpg

IMG_20170901_121654.jpg

IMG_20170901_121308.jpg

The mirrors in question replace that short piece if trim is between the door and the hood. I would guess that there is a right and a left.

They will have some way of mounting that is unique to these cars.

No pics as I rarely see them.

14 hours ago, JACK M said:

The mirrors in question replace that short piece if trim is between the door and the hood. I would guess that there is a right and a left.

They will have some way of mounting that is unique to these cars.

No pics as I rarely see them.

Good luck finding these.

There is a guy that reproduces them now for $1000.00 each.

There was one on Ebay. I will look to see if it is still around.