buick5563

Tools you really need

81 posts in this topic

Keep the suggestion coming....I'm making a list and headed for Harbor Freight

Harbor Freight...buy 2 of each.;)

3 people like this

Some of the best "tools" aren't what we consider tools at all.  Here are some things I find useful:  Pieces of mirror glass with bendable 14 gauge copper wire glued on, cut in shapes to fit the occasion and need for seeing into inaccessible places, cue tips for cleaning and applying grease to small parts, medical syringes for getting glue or oil into tight spaces, aluminum angle iron bent down on the ends for making no-mar vise jaw liners, disposable plastic frozen dinner trays for temporary small parts organizers and catching small spills, unstranded fine gauge telephone wire for temporary light duty twist-ems, 14 gauge electrical wire strands for tie-offs such as tying brake calipers up while changing rotors, disposable funnels made from various plastic bottle necks as appropriate for a special purpose, plastic medical tubing with an enlarged end, cut to size for getting lubricant to hard to reach places, popsickle sticks for mixing things such as 2 part epoxy, Plastic newspaper sleeves with the closed end opened to put over your arms to keep from getting greasy when delving into awful spaces, cotton ball wads to hold rust penetrant on frozen nuts. 

4 people like this

42 minutes ago, Dave Henderson said:

Some of the best "tools" aren't what we consider tools at all.  Here are some things I find useful:  Pieces of mirror glass with bendable 14 gauge copper wire glued on, cut in shapes to fit the occasion and need for seeing into inaccessible places, cue tips for cleaning and applying grease to small parts, medical syringes for getting glue or oil into tight spaces, aluminum angle iron bent down on the ends for making no-mar vise jaw liners, disposable plastic frozen dinner trays for temporary small parts organizers and catching small spills, unstranded fine gauge telephone wire for temporary light duty twist-ems, 14 gauge electrical wire strands for tie-offs such as tying brake calipers up while changing rotors, disposable funnels made from various plastic bottle necks as appropriate for a special purpose, plastic medical tubing with an enlarged end, cut to size for getting lubricant to hard to reach places, popsickle sticks for mixing things such as 2 part epoxy, Plastic newspaper sleeves with the closed end opened to put over your arms to keep from getting greasy when delving into awful spaces, cotton ball wads to hold rust penetrant on frozen nuts. 

Dang it Dave, my garage will not hold all that!:P

Ben

2 people like this