DA Identification Plate

I am just replacing the floor in my Budd bodied DA Sedan, and in doing so, will preserve the Identification Plates.That is not a problem, but it got me wondering what the actual plate originally looked like. The plate is the one referred to in the owners manual as being on the Toe Board (front floor) inside the car. Mine has the clearly stamped vehicle number, but nothing else is still visible. As it is quite a large plate (about 5 X 2 3/4 inches) and the ID number is relatively small, I assume it originally had something else "painted" on it. Anyone know?

Just out of interest, immediately alongside it was a "Dodge Bros, Six" plate and a "Harden & Johnston Ltd." plate. I believe that Harden & Johnston in Sydney were the importers to Australia, as the car was sold by Waymouth Motor Company in Adelaide (plate on dashboard).

Thanks, John

DSC01841m.jpg

DSC01846m.jpg

I seem to remember a post about this several years ago, but can't find it. I know Romar sells an ID plate for $15.95. You can see it in their online catalog under 'Hardware and Accessories'. The post I remember got into how to stamp your number in the old font style onto one of the new ID plates...also, since your original plate is so clean I wonder if you could silkscreen a new image onto it keeping the original stamped number.

Thanks Bob. Have had a look and now that I know what I am looking for, found it easily. Don't know why I did not spot it before. Your suggestion of transferring the image onto my plate appeals to me as it would help to maintain the integrity of the car. Might try to buy a plate from Romar and see if I can get that done locally.