WTB-6 Volt Autolite Model VRD-4005A Voltage Regulator

pint4

I am looking to buy an Autolite 6 volt Model VRD-4005A Voltage Regulator.   If you know of a direct replacement aftermarket version, that would also work.  If anyone knows of any vendors that specialize in voltage regulators for vintage automobiles, I would appreciate the lead so I can contact them to ask if they have one.  Thanks for you help.  Bob  Email:  pint4@new.rr.com

Edited by pint4 (see edit history)

Thanks, I will check with them.   I now have some additional inf.  I visited the Packard Motor Car Information website and found the following info.  It says for 1937 Packard 120C-120CA-120CD--138CD-115C, the correct voltage regulator is a Autolite VRD-4005A.  For 1937 Packard 1601-1A-1D-2-1700-1-1A-2, the correct voltage regulators are Autolite VRD-4001A and VRD-4001A.  So I guess I am looking for a Autolite VRD-4005A voltage regulator.  Hope this helps narrow down the search.  Thanks, Bob

I have another idea regarding my search.  Doe anyone have one of those cross reference guides that might list various aftermarket voltage regulators made by other companies that would interchange with the 6 volt Autolite VRD-4005 A.

Thanks,

Bob

Email:  pint4@new.rr.com

• 6 months later...