Rudi Gernreich's Nash Healey coupe, single rear glass

Only 46 years ago I was driving by a clothes designer's shop in West Hollywood and saw a Nash Healey LeMans coupe, brown, with the single pane back window (not the wrap around three pane window). I asked if I could borrow it to photograph it and , as journalists are wont to do, damaged it, anyway it wouldn't shift but I managed to roll from the top of the

Hollywood Hills back to Hollywood and re-park it. (Sorry, Rudi...). Now I'd like to know if any Nash Healey guys know who owns that particular car so I can mention what happened to it. Rudi might be just a footnote in fashion design today but I have a soft place in my heart for the guy that invented the topless bathing suit

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2016 at 6:07 AM, Restorer32 said:

There is a fellow in Aberdeen, MD who owns 80 Nash Healeys and won't

sell a one. Statistically speaking it is likely he owns it. His name escapes me at the moment.

You are thinking of Leonard McGrady.   His son is also involved with the collection.  I have no idea where that car is but I can tell you as a convertible N-H owner they are a joy to own and drive.

DSCN4006.JPG

Edited by StillOutThere (see edit history)

Yep, I've toured his buildings. Frustratingly he will not sell even one car, or at least not one of the cars we are interested in. I suspect you might know which ones. I would call his cars an "accumulation" rather than a "collection".I Nice fellow. Even knowing that price was almost no object he wouldn't even listen to offers.