Austin Healey Restoration

Guest goldblma

Guest goldblma

Below is my 1959 Austin Healey 100-6 restoration.  It had been sitting since 1968 and I picked it up in 2014.  It was garaged for a lot of years, but there must of been a time that it wasn't.  I was very tempted to walk away from the deal with all the rust, but it was complete and unmolested and I also listened to someone I shouldn't have that said go for it. But that is all water under the bridge. I had to do a ton of metal work on it. I am getting close to to finish line.  The chassis is painted, suspension, brake lines, wire harness are installed, and the engine and trany are ready to go in.  I wired the car using products from Classic Technologies fuse box and it was a pleasure to work with.  If anyone has plans or the desire to upgrade their classic cars electrical system, check out the Classic Technologies Fuse box.  Below are some pictures of before and progress pictures, I hope you enjoy!!!

ah tr6.jpgIMG_1329.JPGah frame rail.jpg

door skin.jpginner door.jpg

IMG_4398.JPGIMG_6588.JPGIMG_6591.JPGhealey ct fuse box.jpghealey ct fuse box cover.jpg

austin healey.jpg

Guest goldblma

I will finish this year. The company I work for is moving and I will have some time off. I hope to put the engine in this weekend. I did most of the bodywork and fitment already.   Yes I aligned all the gaps with the engine still in the car.  So after the engines in, I will put all of the body panels back on and do the final bodywork and shoot it.  I have the interior already and will install it after paint.  I think with three solid weeks I can finish this up. But I'm also restoring another car which I'm afraid to mention on this post.

image.jpeg

• 1 month later...