FOR SALE; 1990 REATTA CONVERTIBLE

RGILL

FOR SALE;  1990 REATTA CONVERTIBLE, mirror finish red w/ dark red interior and white top.  73,000 miles.  One owner, non-smoker.  Dealer maintained.  Showroom condition.  Price $11,500.  Car is located in Ann Arbor, Michigan.  For more information please contact Jim Irwin at 734-646-5307 or jrimail@aol.com

Guest ShadowES

I don't see where it says it is burgundy, it says mirror red, I would take that as being regular red.  Certainly an odd combination with the white top. 

I just checked the data base and in '90 they came in the following.

Burgandy  Red           White

Burgandy  Burgandy  White

Red           Red           White

Not sure about the custom order part, but I would believe that if you wanted to spend over $30,000 you could order any stock color combination you wanted.

I didn't look that long but there could have been a Red Burgandy White aswell.

Cal.

Guest ShadowES

We looked at a red with the darker red interior 90 down in Florida a couple years ago, it had right around 20K miles - thinking the top was white, we both decided we couldn't live with the mismatched reds, it was a beautiful car other than that. 

There otta be a law stating that there shall be no posting of cars for sale without a minimum of six (6) photos in the listing.

It's good to see you guys having some fun trying to divine what the poster really means but, I don't roll like dat.

The penalty for a first (and last) time offense would be the loping off of... well... you know. 

Just my 2 cents.

John F.

Don't we have a moderator here any more to keep this forum on topic?  This thread was started with the intention of it helping to sell a Reatta. If you guys want to discuss your favorite colors why don't you start a thread about it in the main Reatta forum. You shouldn't knock someones car because you don't like the color combination. Give the owner a chance to sell his car. That is what this Buy/Sell forum is for.

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)
  • Like 2

This is RGILL (Reatta newsletter editor)  And I posted this ad and many other for members and non members who have sent me their ads to post in the newsletter.  I always tell them they will reach more potential buyers on this forum and if they ask me to post it for them, I do.  This is not something I have to do along with putting it in the newsletter. I copy the ad as I get.  I get no photos.  Now for those of you that post all the nonsense about the color did you not read the part of the ad that said " for more information...........".  Well said Ronnie on your post.

Amen, Ron and Ronnie.  This is the very reason I don't post much here.  It is good you did not have more information.  It would have given some folks just that much more to pick at and complain about.  In this case there was contact information and anyone who was interested in the car had only to call or email for answers to their questions.  Others that are not potential buyers would be better served by just reading and then "zipping  it".

Guest ShadowES

It is customary when  posting an ad on forums or even on eBay when the ad is nit your own that that be notated