1948-56 dyna thrust pad

Greetings

Read some things about reproduction transmission mounts being made thinner than originals requiring shimming. Have also heard nos rubber hardens and becomes useless over time even sitting in a box. Looking to buy a dynaflow transmission thrust pad for my 1955 Century, but which way does one jump with these concerns. Books say 1948-56 dyna is correct application. Thanx in advance for feedback on these concerns, Greg. "U" shaped mount with three studs on opposite sides. Buick #1165206. Just an FYI, I just checked at Rock auto.com they list the brand new trans mount at 7.80, yes you read correctly.They don't show the thrust mount, Dang! The oil lip seal for the rear trans retainer and the front of the driveshaft/torque tube is 5.70.

Edited by Guest
Dim bulb! (see edit history)

EBAY  item I installed a year ago with 8K miles of no problems.  It was much cheaper a year ago...there are cheaper ones offered on ebay.  Probably any will work, if you follow the service manual shimming procedure (may need to make your own shims).

Thanx for input. Near stock drive line, so unfortunately there prolley wont be an over stress situation at the mount.