Help - Dash / Gauge Cluster Identification

Guest Redd

Guest Redd

I started this in the General Topics and someone suggested I try posting here. Thanks in advance.

Well, I've done a little research and cannot seem to locate what this dash went to. Picked up at a swap meet and just fell in love, but of course the seller didn't know what it went to either. I am about the farthest thing from an expert so I scoured Google to find this thing and my posting here should alert you I came up empty. Some points:

• The speedometer is made by North East Electric Co. They were bought out by GM in 1929 and "consolidated within DR operations in Plant 1, Department 21.  The product line of North-East was large starting motors and this was the beginning of the heavy-duty starter business for Delco-Remy." - source http://www.delcoremyhistory.com/history.htm
    • I am unsure how long the NE Electric Co name was used after the purchase, so any information there would be helpful.
  • The engine temp thermometer (did not take picture of the back) has several patent dates, the earliest being Jan 4th 1921 (likely made by Boyce, but unconfirmed) and the latest is 1926 (month and day cut off).
    • I thought the speedometer and thermometer dates would narrow my search, but so far I have not found anything.
  • The bezel style looks like Whippet, but its too narrow to be that. Many brands had this gauge layout, but Plymouth looked closest to me (early 30's PA or PB) because of the gauge size and layout, but the style is different.

I'm sure someone on here just knows this off the top of their head, but I'm stumped. FAIR WARNING: Even though I like the dash, I bought another that I was able to identify and will probably keep that one if I cannot id this one. That being said, I will likely sell this dash and your expertise will not be compensated even though it is surely deserved. Thanks for any help regardless.

IMG_20160517_234051720.jpg

IMG_20160509_180152998.jpg