Please consider adding a signature

MrEarl

Food for thought I guess....

^_^

Well would anybody object to "All numbers matter" then... 

I'm just wonderin if anybody recalls what the original subject of this thread was, obviously not , judgin by lookin at somes signatures......, 

hell I got parts to pull, hold the fort while I'm gone Ben! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

Just got back from a ride in the convertible. I always wear my ship's ball cap when I drive with the top down as a courtesy to those behind me.

Bernie

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

As Mr. Earl says "without pictures, it doesn't exist!"

come on Ed the English Major,  if ya gonna quote me, at least get it right...  "pictures or it din't happen"  :D

on second thought here though, tha's OK Bernie, we believe ya!!! :blink:

well there's certainly not been any problem keeping this important thread to the top has it.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
20 hours ago, SpecialEducation said:

Hey, I figured out the 'Member Title' thing... or at least a workaround.

From a desktop, the field would never show to edit it, but from the mobile version it does.  Once I edited it there, the field shows in the desktop version.

Hmmm -- well, I am not inclined to carry a phone that is smarter than I am, so the 'mobile workaround' isn't available to me and I don't have the 'Member Title' field available when I try to edit my profile...

-Tim

7 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Edit Profile

• Basic Info

• Member Title

• Birthday

It takes two tabs to get into this window.  Click on "Profile" then in that window, click on "Edit Profile."

No dice -- the 'Birthday' field is there, but nothing above it!?!

Strange,

I'm at a computer that I've never been on before in a Middle School in Olathe, KS  and it shows up.  And these computers are very restrictive - no eBay, YouTube, or Craigslist allowed.  Perhaps there are other fields in other parts of the profile that need to be checked first.

Ed

Just now, RivNut said:

Strange,

I'm at a computer that I've never been on before in a Middle School in Olathe, KS  and it shows up.  And these computers are very restrictive - no eBay, YouTube, or Craigslist allowed.  Perhaps there are other fields in other parts of the profile that need to be checked first.

Ed

Ed,

It shows up because you previously edited the field.  I think it was a bug that showed up after software update following the Korean invasion.  Nobody could tell me how to change that field, so I was stuck with 'Senior Member.'  People who had previously edited that field on their profile could all see it and edit it, but those of us who didn't, couldn't.

I just happened to be on my phone and hit the 'Edit Profile' button and viola!  The Member Title field was there for me to edit.  After I entered something there on my phone, the field became visible on the desktop site.  

By the way, I still really miss the Desktop Site button that the mobile site used to have at the bottom (again, before said Korean invasion).  Even when I use my phone's "Request Desktop Site" function, I still get the mobile site (with no signatures visible).

I asked Mr. Earl about the no signature thing a month or so ago.  It was when I got a new computer and a lot of the settings on the sites I frequented did not carry over to the new computer when the transfer was made.  

I got into my profile somewhere and found a switch that had been turned off (or not kept on) during the transfer. Once that switch was turn back on, the signatures showed up again.  This was done on a new HP desktop, no laptop, tablet, iPad, or smart phone.  (Signatures show up on my phone, tablet, desktop, and all the remote computers I come across daily when I substitute teach in different schools each day.)

Ed

By the way, I've lived in Kansas, except for my stint in the Army, all of my life.  I've traveled all over, and I've taught Kansas history for many years.  I know all about the ball of twine in Cawker City, the word's largest hand dug well in Greensburg, Big Brutus in Mineral Springs,  Spivey, Punkin' Center, and Speed, even the abandon sites where Chateau, Monticello, and Zarah used to be but where the heck is "sigh", Kansas.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

By the way, I've lived in Kansas, except for my stint in the Army, all of my life.  I've traveled all over, and I've taught Kansas history for many years.  I know all about the ball of twine in Cawker City, the word's largest hand dug well in Greensburg, Big Brutus in Mineral Springs,  Spivey, Punkin' Center, and Speed, even the abandon sites where Chateau, Monticello, and Zarah used to be but where the heck is "sigh", Kansas.  

When your top two sites are a ball of twine and a hole... *sigh*

Edited by SpecialEducation (see edit history)
  • Like 2