Air Cleaners - 1954,5,6

MrEarl

Air cleaner and silencers for 54, 55 and 56 322's with 4 bbls. The silencer on the 55 / 56 are a bit smaller in diameter than the 54's. The bottom front of the silencer is also flattened out on the 55, 56. The only difference in the 55 and 56 is in the breather element and is not detectable from the outside.

All will need restoring unless you want one in original condition for an archival car. Prices range from $80 to $140 based on condition. The one Olds/Cadillac unit is in good condition and is $140.

Email me at 1954buick@gmail.com for additional pictures of individual units

IMG_8055.JPG

IMG_8056.JPG

After doing a quick search, it looks like they used Rochester and Carters just like Buick. When I was looking, I only noticed the silencer on 55 to 57 models. I haven't seen the silencer on any other GM car.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Air cleaner and silencers for 54, 55 and 56 322's with 4 bbls. The silencer on the 55 / 56 are a bit smaller in diameter than the 54's. The bottom front of the silencer is also flattened out on the 55, 56. The only difference in the 55 and 56 is in the breather element and is not detectable from the outside.

All will need restoring unless you want one in original condition for an archival car. Prices range from $80 to $140 based on condition. The one Olds/Cadillac unit is in good condition and is $140.

IMG_8055.JPG

IMG_8056.JPG

Looks like an invasion of Storm Troopers.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, MrEarl said:

IMG_8055.JPG

IMG_8056.JPG

Looks like the wrong end of a mortar battery

• Like 1

2 hours ago, buick5563 said:

Lamar,

It's been so long since I have pestered people on the forum, that I just texted you. I want the Caddy/O daddio. 

Check out the pictures first Mike, if you still want it it's yours.  It's a pretty nice unit, could be pinstriped and clear coated and be cool as is or would be a good one to restore, just one nickel size dent on the rear bottom and no rust pitting.

IMG_8082.JPGIMG_8083.JPGIMG_8086.JPGIMG_8090.JPG

1 hour ago, billbuickgs said:

1953 Roadmaster and Skylark used the same style air cleaner as the 54 thru 56 Buick with the 4 barrel carb .

Bill

You're right Bill, same style but a bit different. The 53 units were a bit taller and the ribs on the top were raised instead of recessed like the 54-56's. The recess for the wing nut was a bit deeper starting in '54 also as there had been problems with the wing nuts damaging the hood insulation. I have seen many 54 units on 53's though,  as the 53s'  are very scarce.

Here is the Landaus breather, which had a 53 engine.

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 1