Nice Spring Day

Long Roof

10 hours ago, Long Roof said:

I have to keep telling people it is not pink, it is coral. I do like it though. They had some interesting colors back in the day.

Definitely coral.  That is what makes it great looking and popular color in the 50's.  Sometimes I wonder if folks realize that not all furniture/cars shape, design and color remained the same from decade to decade.  The 50's had some very different colors for cars and home furnishings.  This wagon is a perfect example of that!  

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)

My father bought a new 56 Century wagon with three toned paint. Top was white, upper body was a light blue and the lower body was coral. I was just a kid but I thought it was beautiful. I called it our "happy" car. Those colors were so 1950's. He traded it on a new 57 Cabellero wagon that was two toned bronze and beige. The dealer that took the 56 in on trade promptly painted out the coral with white to make it a two toned car. He told my dad he could not sell it with those "gaudy" colors. I thought it became just an ordinary station wagon after the repaint. It no longer looked "happy".

• Like 2