how to remove 62 headlight switch from bracket?

bullheimer

the switch is attached to a metal bracket behind the dash, not to the dash itself, so i am wondering about removing it. i obviously need to take out the shaft, that is easy. i thought i would remove it once before but didn't. now i know it is having issues so it needs to go. just wondering what to do next., thx. btw, i have pushed down on that pin and have refreshed the connector too, dash lites may or may not work.  took the front dash piece out to get a better pic and access

Buicks headlight switch.jpg

i ordered a new switch because my dash lights, fed by the used-to-be-white wire on bottom left, are intermittent. powered by that 'stat in front there, which was only intermittently getting power as well. got to be issues beyond the overspray, so i am wanting to get it out. removing the knob/shaft did nothing. this is the best pic i can get at the moment with the front of the dash back on, dashboard pad removed.

buick headlight switch.jpg

Am i just over thinking this and it will just fall out once i take out the knob bezel????  YES over thought once again.  notice the slotted nut that is BEHIND the bezel.  the bottle opener worked great to get the bezel out, a large screwdriver worked on the slotted nut to loosen it. it bound up but wiggling the switch loosened it up enough to remove.  now i can r&r the switch on the metal bracket.  ok, so once again, this post is just fyi, in case anybody ever gives a crappe'

buick headlight switch exploded.jpg

Edited by bullheimer
pic (see edit history)

i got a feeling i am going to run into an issue with this collar thing, not visible in last picture, but very prominent in the top two, in the center of the top pic... if you have any idea what unexpected problems i might be running into, please gimme a heads up. thanks. 1962 Buick leSabre

Edited by bullheimer (see edit history)