90 Reatta rear cooling fan relay

Guest beauchase

Guest beauchase

Fellow Reatta Owners,

We have a 1990 Reatta. The rear cooling fan is not working. Does the cooling fan switch run both the front and rear fans?  My research indicates that it’s probably the rear cooling fan relay. Can anyone tell me where to find the rear cooling fan relay? We appreciate the help.

Edited by beauchase (see edit history)

Here is a lousy copy of 1991 cooling fans.......relays are in the underhood relay center (in front of the air cleaner) there is a label on the underside of the cover identifying the relays, the are all the same relay part number so you can switch them around to verify one is bad.

cooling fans 2.jpg

Guest beauchase

Thanks Barney,

We looked under there prior to my post. The label on the underside of the cover did not indicate any cooling fan relies that we see on our 1990 model. We will revisit that and maybe even play around with the relays to see if anything changes. Makes since that's where they would be. Appreciate your reply. Thanks again....      

• 2 months later...
Guest beauchase

Barney,

I wanted to follow up. We did track down the cooling fan relay. It was were you said it would be. I switched the AC Compressor fan with the low speed fan relay. Issue resolved.

Thanks!