Little guidance on value of 63 Impala?

rocketraider

Cousin's widow has decided to sell his 63 Impala Sport Coupe (non-SS) and I have no idea of value of these cars. He owned it since around 1968 and it hasn't run in at least 20 years. Outside storage under cover but not near as hateful as you'd think. Non-original 307 engine (orig 283) w/ PG and usual fender rust-thru behind front wheels. It's better than a parts car but will need a complete restoration and is complete far as I can tell. White/ red interior and lightly optioned as most Chevys were back then.

I know what people around here will do and I don't want to see her let the car go for nothing but she does want it sold.

Thoughts? or if anyone's looking a good 63 Impala project, I can give you her contact info.

Thanks for replies CA, Robert, and Greg. I had told her minimum $1000 and looks like I may have been in ballpark considering condition.

I'd like to have it but I have no time for the Oldsmobiles much less taking on a project, never mind a 63 big Chevy would be one of the easier cars to restore in this day and age.

Its originality (except engine) and completeness down to the 63 non-SS wheelcovers convinced me this car needs a restoration-oriented new owner. Plenty of yahoos here would lowball her on price, stick a big block/ 4-speed and Chevy rally wheels on it, and there goes the factory appearance it's had for 50-plus years.

Her son is a VA State Trooper so I doubt there'd be any issue with titling or ownership transfer (VA does not require notarizing titles on transfer). I thought for a time he'd take it on but he bought his dad's assigned Forestry Service truck from the state and is concentrating on that.

• Like 1