Is there even one French Car ENTHUSIAST out there?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Restoration of the 1924 Amilcar CC is progressing with 90% of the paint removed and the wheels being sandblasted. You can (if you are the least bit interested) follow the restoration on "Our cars and restoration projects.

Bj

• 1 year later...

We have, in the past, enjoyed owning, tinkering with, and driving the hell out of just about every example of Citroen;

from 1967 DS-21 and the '67 Pallas, to a matching pair of 1971 D-21 Station Wagons, a 1972 SM, 1964 2-CV, '68 Ami, 11-CV, 15-CV, Dyane, Mehari ... and a lonely 1958 Renault Dauphine which lost the engine late one night on my way back to Linden, NJ after a weekend gig with my band at one of the resort hotels in New York's Catskill Mountains Borscht Belt.

The Pallas did especially well at Autocross in Richmond, Virginia back around 1976

We do miss driving these fantastic cars, but no longer have access to local parts and service.

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

And I really like the Citroens, too, I owned and drove three or four of the cars that Marty mentioned, he got tired of them and passed them on to me!

And, I agree with his comment, if there was local service available, I'd be interested in owning one again. The hydropneumatic suspension alone is worth the price of admission, no finer system exists in my experience, but it's a different animal.  Joe's Garage would laugh at you if you asked for service.....

• Like 2

Hello Sebastian

That Amilcar proved to be a complete disaster it was totally misrepresented and has been returned to the vendor.

Currently I am looking to buy a 1922 Fiat 501 here in Australia.

Thank you for your interest.

Bernie J.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
23 hours ago, Buick35 said:

I had a 1960 Renault Dauphine in high school that my dad bought for me and paid $50 for it. I wish I still had it ,it was a fun car.I have a 74 mgb with the chrome bumpers that If trade for a 59 or 60 Dauphine. Greg.

Here in France we regularly see Renault Dauphine at the exhibition, as for example it's three Dauphine seen at an exhibition next to me this summer

Reanault Dauphine

SAM_0768.thumb.JPG.61d7146ea8b67e39a29e64eeea7aeaff.JPG

Renault Dauphine Gordini

SAM_0775.thumb.JPG.92278823779b3191debe0b94027ccd87.JPG

• 1 month later...

Thank you Sebastian

While our "Peug" is not out on the road "everyday" There would be very few weeks that go by without it "Going Somewhere" even if it is just four or five kilometres down the road, taking me to my weekly game of Petanque. If nothing else that gives me a reason to keep it clean and tidy.  In return it gives me comfortable, economical and reliable transport  and dare I say it, a certain element of exclusivity?  Here in Australia, we do not see another one, every day!   Perhaps not even once a week.  But then as an ageing, if not quite yet ready to admit to being an "old" gentleman. I am not out on the road "every day".

Bernie j.

Edited by oldcar (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 6:04 AM, oldcar said:

Thank you Sebastian

While our "Peug" is not out on the road "everyday" There would be very few weeks that go by without it "Going Somewhere" even if it is just four or five kilometres down the road, taking me to my weekly game of Petanque. If nothing else that gives me a reason to keep it clean and tidy.  In return it gives me comfortable, economical and reliable transport  and dare I say it, a certain element of exclusivity?  Here in Australia, we do not see another one, every day!   Perhaps not even once a week.  But then as an ageing, if not quite yet ready to admit to being an "old" gentleman. I am not out on the road "every day".

Bernie j.

Yours is in good condition ;) 
And to go play petanque is ideal ;) 
Can you find coins in Australia ?
I wish you a good journey with this Peugeot :) 

DSCN6657.thumb.jpg.d63a105b3fbdbde9eb0945a025523a13.jpg

Bon jour Sebastien

You are very lucky to live where you do in France. we have entered the Circuit De'Couverte based on Cadillac, Cotes de Bordeaux on each of our last two or three visits to France and enjoyed driving in your part of France immensely.

Bernie j.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 11:42 PM, oldcar said:

DSCN6657.thumb.jpg.d63a105b3fbdbde9eb0945a025523a13.jpg

Bon jour Sebastien

You are very lucky to live where you do in France. we have entered the Circuit De'Couverte based on Cadillac, Cotes de Bordeaux on each of our last two or three visits to France and enjoyed driving in your part of France immensely.

Bernie j.

Thank you very much ;)  , I'm not very far from the town of "Cadillac" near Bordeaux .
I was going to visit the city of Cadillac when we went with a friend to look for a 1969 Cadillac Eldorado near Bordeaux  :)
I see you have a nice sign ;)   

52 minutes ago, oldcar said:

The "Sign" is a Rally Number Plate as Issued by the organisers of some larger rallies. They make a nice souvenir of your participation in that rally. I like to keep them as a reminder of the good times we have enjoyed in our Lagonda. 

Bj.

It's a good memory ;) 
I have it too :) , before I start restoring my Buick, I did a lot of vintage car exhibitions and I got decorative license plates  :) 

• 2 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 1:12 AM, SoCal Caravelle said:

I am currently restoring a 1963 Renault caravelle. Does anybody have information on suppliers for the rubber weatherstripping for this vehicle?

MM

IMG_20200502_114615.jpg

Very nice Renault and great work ;) .
A friend got one from an abandoned house :)