Franklin Club Display Opportunity:

erobinson

Hello fellow Franklin Owners:

I've been assigned by the folks who run the Onondaga Historical Association to organize the antique car participants for the grand re-opening of the Hotel Syracuse in June of this year. (June 4, 2016)
You can read some about it here:
http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2016/03/gala_event_planned_for_hotel_syracuses_reopening.html
and more specifics here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85044790/franklin/hotel_syracuse_gala.pdf

Onondaga Historical Association and the Franklin Club have had a working relationship for some time.  Additionally, after meeting with Gregg Tripoli (OHA Director), he has shown a true affinity for all things Franklin and it's honorable place in Syracuse history.

Anyhow, the gist of the matter is this:
- They would like approximately 12 cars - preferably Franklin's (since made in Syracuse), but not absolutely necessary.
- Prefer most period correct years (ala 1920 to say 1930) (Hotel opened in 1924)
- Timing would be for cars to be on display from about 2pm until about 7pm.
- They want to do photo shoots with the Cars, the Hotel in the background, Developer of the Hotel, the Mayor; plus they plan on having participants dressed in period costume milling about, etc...

For each participant: 

The street will be cordoned off and reserved for the cars to be eminently displayed directly adjacent to the Hotel

Each participant will receive two fully paid tickets to the event, including cocktail reception and Dinner for 2 at the imperial ballroom. ($300 value)

I don't know how many Franklin owners would be available for something like this (??); but as a fellow owner, I wanted to post here first.

If interested, please respond to: mail@empire1.net and include your name, contact phone #, year, make, model of vehicle, picture (if possible) - and I'll email you back shortly and can get you more specifics.

Even if you can't make it, but perhaps know of someone in the vicinity with a vehicle that meets the criteria above (sans Franklin) - please have them do the same.

Thanks in advance,
Ed.

1927 Franklin 11B

• 3 weeks later...