1965 Catalina 2+2

Guest fatherhap

Guest fatherhap

New member looking to show my car. Confused as to which class to show in. HPOF or 36A. I have a 1965 Catalina 2+2, 2 door hard top, 421 Tri power, 4 speed, 8 lug, bucket seats, all factory gages, with 16,385 orginal documented miles in it. The car is original unrestored in show room condition. Have PHS papers. I am 3rd owner and have all previous owners information. Any thoughts on class to enter it in?

I think 36A is Factory High Performance. If your car is a 0 point deduction perfect car that's where I'd go. You might surprise some of the other owners of the same make car if your car is factory original perfect because some restorers have a tendency to over-restore cars. One other thing to consider is some cars you could be competing in the same catagory were never Factory built the way they are showing them. It's perfectly legal to slip a 421 or a tri-power into a car that never came with it. The criteria is you can do this if your model of car COULD  have been ordered that way. Not very fair but that's the way it is.

I'm also wondering if you could get a chance to show in both.

Edited by helfen (see edit history)

Guest fatherhap

I talked to a lady from the AACA and was told you can only show it in one and that it can not be moved for 10 years. This is why I am having such a hard time picking one. The first owner purchased the car to race. It was run at Mason Dixon Drag-O-Way (has the stickers under the hood insulation) still has the flat tow shackles under the front bumper. The interior does not have a crease, crack or wrinkle in it. I was looking for a survivor class because it is a true time-capsuled car. Was stored in a garage under cover for almost 27 years.

Thanks for your help.

184.JPG

185.JPG

174.JPG

As others have said....beautiful !!! There is another possibility. There is a category for race cars, however there must be some sort of race history associated with the car. I think I would ask a judge, or post your question along with the pictures in the General section and Judging section of the forum.

Forgot to ask... just curious. Is your car a 356HP Tri-Power = large single air cleaner standard iron exhaust manifolds, or a 376HP small individual air cleaners and long branch iron manifolds?

Edited by helfen (see edit history)

Guest fatherhap

Thank you all. From the first time I saw her I new this white cat would catch the attention of people everywhere. I just hope I can do it justice.