Possible Graham Styling Art - MURDOCH - Seeking information

VintageLiterature

Really hoping that someone here can help solve a mystery! I recently purchased the framed illustration attached which I believe to be original styling art. It is dated 1937 and signed Murdoch (possible first name of Ernest though this may not be accurate). I purchased this as-is and know nothing about the history.

I have sent photos to some experts who have suggested that the car is possibly Graham or Hupmobile (my first thought was also Graham). However, no one has yet been able to confirm this or provide any background information on the designer who made this.

Really hoping that someone here is familiar with the designer and can tell me which make this was for. Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thumb_IMG_2804_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2805_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2806_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2807_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2808_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2809_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_2810_1024.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Cant offer you any more than my personal opinions of the car

Well I can see some Graham Elements.  The glasshouse and the headlights look sharknose.  The body looks to be a mix of sharknose with hints of hollywood.  That Front end looks weird though.  Could have been someone trying to add a conventional front end to the sharknose to make it less controversial.

Oh and I dont like the front.  put the sharknose front on it and you have a winner, it would be a more cohesive design than what was produced