1916 touring Pattern or deminsions for roof bows

30dodge35

This is what I have to work with, the ones on it were laminated, but I ripped some old pine, the ones on it were broken off at the mounts,. Measuring as you can see 59". Across. Bows are 1 by 1 1/2" , I measured off from where they were broken 74" and added 8 per side,  I am starting with pieces 90 inch long . I will bend after steaming, then fit to the mounts to get the correct flow of roof. , bending 1 extra, 

will see how it turns out

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

The process on fabricating new roof bows for the Bill's 1916 DB, is progressing nicely,. The first try bending the old pine was a major disaster,  I was able to acquire some white oak,. Steamed it for 2 hours, then installed in fixture,  oak bent very easy with no cracking noted,. Will remove from fixture tommorrow and steam another. 3 more to go,  I will make another set and bring with me to New Jersey meet, If someone is interested, let me know.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I haven't made them yet, just got thru with bill's. I will make a set and bring with me to New Jersey, I need to put them against another car,  to make sure bend and radius is correct,.  They will not be tapered on ends,  you will have to fit to your sockets,  pm me if interested 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...