1932 Chevrolet truck?? Door handle is too low...

Peter P

I am looking at buying what is advertised as a 1932 Chevrolet truck cab & box. The truck looks like a chev but not a '32.  The door handle inn the truck looks too low to be a 32. The box looks wrong to. Can anyone help ID this cab properly?

Peter

20160408_091032.jpg20160408_091042.jpg20160408_091048.jpg20160408_091103.jpg

The dash is definitely 31/32.  My guess is that it may very well be a '32 truck body, but the doors are from a coupe or sedan, and either fit as made or have been modified to fit.  The closed cars had handles located as in your pictures.

The body tag on the cowl should give information that would help date it, do you have a picture of that?

Looks like a 32 car cut down to a truck...my 31 truck(although 1-1/2 tons had a solid metal roof cap)...this roof open, metal needing wood , bows etc looks like what the cars used. looks a little ragged from the picture as the roof opening mates with the back. Just a guess though.

After looking at these pictures for awhile I'm thinking a cobbled together pickup body from a sedan body. The vintage is about right though. As mentioned above the doors seem to be sedan doors also the fitment of the rear of the cab to the doors seems/looks a bit odd to me. The rear window is another tell tail sign to me at least that this wasn't bore on a Chevrolet assembly line. Not wanting to discourage you, I think for the right price this ???could turn into quite an eye catcher if or when finished. Good luck with it.