1968 Pontiac Grand Prix Dash Pad

mpneroz

No, I already talked to Steve and he does not have a sellable one.  The sun does them in pretty bad.  I am looking for a reasonable one to put in my Grand Prix.  The car is running, driving and coming along nicely. Should be cruising by mid summer.  Just need a better pad than what is in there right now.

One of the problems of driving something different is running into something like this.  I have learned that 68 GP's were being kind of a place holder for the restyled 69 - 72's, not good.  I see however that all the big cars share the same dash pad so somebody has to have a decent one out there.  I just saw one on ebay, repaired condition asking price $350 + $150 shipping, Yikes!  Not gonna happen!!!!!!!!! 

I solved my own problem.  I pulled the metal portion of a 1967 Catalina dash top out on Saturday morning at my favorite local yard.  It was nice and clean not rusted.  I had acquired a 67 vinyl pad (the thin one) 2 years ago.  I sprayed the Catalina metal section black, installed the black pad I had and slapped it in.  The only issue was the vin tag is no longer visible because the notch in the pad is not there for a 67 like a 68.  It really looks great and improved the worst part of my interior.  That will complete the interior using my original seats and door panels that are nice and added a new headliner and rug set.  I just saw a repaired 67 dash on Ebay that isn't as nice and the seller was asking $350 + $150 shipping for the same thing.  Total investment was a little time and about $80 cash.