Eastern National Spring Meet

The Eastern National Spring Meet will be held on May 19th - May 21st at the New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville N.J. We will be offering two hours of track time on Fri. night which is included in your registration.The meet along with Judging school, Membership Roundtable,Judging Breakfast and the Closing Banquet and Awards Ceremony will be all held at the Motorsports Park complex. There will be self-guided tours on Fri. to attend. We will have maps and info for Wheaton Arts & Cultural Center, Millville Army Air Field Museum, The Matchbox Museum and The Bellview Winery. 

Our Drop- dead Deadline for Vehicle and Judges Registration is APRIL 19th. :)

Edited by dbirchmire (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 4/7/2016 at 2:11 PM, dbirchmire said:

The Eastern National Spring Meet will be held on May 19th - May 21st at the New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville N.J. We will be offering two hours of track time on Fri. night which is included in your registration.The meet along with Judging school, Membership Roundtable,Judging Breakfast and the Closing Banquet and Awards Ceremony will be all held at the Motorsports Park complex. There will be self-guided tours on Fri. to attend. We will have maps and info for Wheaton Arts & Cultural Center, Millville Army Air Field Museum, The Matchbox Museum and The Bellview Winery. 

Our Drop- dead Deadline for Vehicle and Judges Registration is APRIL 19th. :)

Dave,

Thank You for the update about this meet. Was wondering about the track time. Any thoughts regarding what time the track will be available on Friday evening?

Also, I see there are two tracks at this facility. Any thoughts on which track will be used (ie "Thunderbolt Raceway" or "Lightning Raceway") ?

Both tracks seem very nice.

Looking forward to the meet. Thanks so much to the South Jersey Region for all their hard work hosting this meet.

On 4/9/2016 at 4:58 PM, dbirchmire said:

The Pace car controlled track time will be held on the Thunderbolt track beginning at 6:00 pm.

Dave, 

Thank You very much for answering my questions so promptly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2016 at 2:11 PM, dbirchmire said:

The Eastern National Spring Meet will be held on May 19th - May 21st at the New Jersey Motorsports Park in Millville N.J. We will be offering two hours of track time on Fri. night which is included in your registration.

Are judges able to participate in the Friday night track time or is it only open to those registered to shows cars on Saturday? 

Eric,

As stated the free track time is included in your paid registration fee. We have decided that Judges with cars that meet A.A.C.A. criteria will be allowed to participate. Thank you foe being one of our Judges.

Dave

On 4/9/2016 at 4:58 PM, dbirchmire said:

The Pace car controlled track time will be held on the Thunderbolt track beginning at 6:00 pm.

This is great as I have a 7 hour ride Friday morning :)

about this meet. Anyone be willing to trailer my father in laws 64 Galaxie show car for his first ever aaca show with it? Hes 75 and thge car ia 100% original and is afraid of taking it from the Philly area to millville because I won't be around to help him. I have a post in towing needed section here but getting nothing so i figured id try here because its specifically this meet. Let me know the cost too.

Edited by topblissgt (see edit history)

11 hours ago, ted sweet said:

forecast for Saturday is rain over 1 inch 

If we actually do get that amount of rain hopefully the car show can be moved to a blacktop area. It does not look like the track has blacktop parking lots. There are blacktop areas that border the grass parking areas, The Thunderbolt Track is also blacktop if that is an option.

Edited by charlier (see edit history)
  • Like 1

It was a decent event for the first few hours of the morning,

which were rain-free.  If the people deterred by rain had shown

their cars, it would have been great.

My trip down on Friday included a few car-related visits

to places along the way, which made the overall event

spectacular.  They more than made up for the wet weather

Saturday afternoon!  So many thanks to the hosting region.

• Like 1

Kudos to the South Jersey Region for a great show!!!! What a great place to have the show, trailer parking right by the show field, wonderful banquet meal and my wife said the judges breakfast was also really good.

A little rain but nothing like was forecast. Great show, thank you for all the hard work!

• Like 1

Thank you South Jersey Region. The event location was hard sand and grass. (no Mud) The 90% chance of rain at 7am, waited till 11:30 to show up. My guess is half of the cars were no show. Brass model T's, a selection of full classics, Lincoln, Cadillac V12, Pierce, Packard and even a Mercer got washed in a steady rain that finally let up at 2pm.  Judges had the tough job as a stiff wind from the east tried the umbrellas as they tried to keep the paperwork dry. I did not hear anyone complain. The field layout had a ground locating tag for every members car with plenty of room for wide doors. Good job!! The flea market vanished for Saturday as all venders believed the weather man and were a no show. I hope they sold enough on Friday... Karl

• Like 1

Guest ktm858

First of all nobody could control the weather and that being said hats off to the South Jersey Region despite the rain it was a good time. I met some great people and saw some old friends and some really nice cars. Thanks to everyone that showed their cars it was a great show in my book.

Thank you South Jersey Region for a great event!  My husband and I SOOOOOOOO enjoyed taking laps around the track Friday night - highlight of my day for sure :)

Thank you Mother Nature for holding off on the rain until we started Judging! lol  It could have been much worse, but I had another great judging team, and a bunch of awesome cars to judge. 

The banquet was wonderful and our table mates were wonderful company.

Thanks to everyone who came by and introduced themselves!  I now have a face to go with your screen name :)

Our drive home left much to be desired as it rained 8 of 9 hours.  Oh well.

Photos to follow soon. :)

Thanks indeed to the S.Jersey Region for a fine meet.  The facility was first class.  Susan and I really had a blast Friday on the track.  She did four laps and then I took my turn and added another four.  That was a great experience and also a highlight of the weekend.  We traveled up Thursday with a strong contingent from Tidewater Region and enjoyed some dinners together, and some of us took advantage of the chance to tour some of the suggested venus there.  We were especially impressed with the Army Air Corps museum and the Wheaton Arts Center.  Yes, unfortunately it rained Saturday (and all the way home today) but it certainly didn't dampen spirits. Everyone there seemed really glad they came ad endured the moisture.  The S.Jersey Region folks were excellent hosts and their hard work was evident.

Rain? Heck, we considered it good dust control, and we were pretty sure the MG wouldn't shrink much in the wet.  After all, it's British and used to a little moisture!
Annie-it was great to meet you in person.  Look forwarding to seeing you again at New Bern!  

Terry & Susan

• Like 1

Ok, here are our photos.  Special thanks to my husband for walking around and getting the show photos while I was doing the judging thing :)  I would have never seen most of these cars without him :)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/+AnnieG454/albums/6287697954421893489

Terry - We look forward to seeing you and Susan in New Bern also!  Only 3 months away !! lol

Edited by AnniesSS (see edit history)
  • Like 2