V-12 Rebuild??

Attended the Portland Swap Meet over the weekend & one name mentioned for rebuilding was Schnell Automotive in Portland, anybody ever heard of them? Of course there is H & H in CA but they didn't attend the meet do to some personal issues according to there neighbors at the meet. I know I have asked this before on this forum & had some good feedback, but some recommendations were on the East Coast, or South. I prefer to stay on the West Side.

I know Merv Adkins is recommended for parts & lists everything on his add, but just didn't know if he rebuilds them himself (in the back yard, no dis-respect intended) or if he "farms" it out. I don't mind paying a reasonable amount but of course like all of us we just want it right!  Thanks again.

I've had pretty good service on the V-12 from Central Cylinder Head in Portland close to the east end of the Ross Island bridge.  They pulled my studs, did all the machining including custom work I asked for, and got parts for me.  Ken Austin recommended them to me, and Ken knows more about flatheads than I'll ever learn.  You should see his collection, his 41 Lincoln Continental Cabriolet is stunning..

Abe

Hey thanks Abe, I talked to Central this morning. I think I will go with them, I'm going to ship down the extra engine I have & keep the one in the car till its done. It doesn't really matter on engine no's for my 42 as its not the original engine anyway. (I'm not sure what no's were generally used for 1942), thanks again for the help!