1938 Plymouth Clock

kgm0612

Attached is a photo of what appears to be a 1938 Plymouth clock. The graphics are exactly the same as the speedometer and gauges for the same year vehicle. I would like to confirm this by documentation or photo of the clock installed in a 38 Plymouth. It does appear in the "Identifying Instrument Cluster" website, with a ? after glove box. I have not been successful in any of my other internet searches.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

DSC06542.JPG

There was a similar clock listed for sale here last year. We went round and round but could not confirm it was for the glove box of a 1938 Plymouth. Face certainly looks correct but if it were for the glove box, this would involve more than just a hole for the clock. They would have had to offer a completely different design of nickel plated trim to accomodate this clock (as the tri-bar trim runs horizontally through the center of the door) which seems like a fairly large expense for a Plymouth. To date, no one has found any literatue or images showing Plymouth offered a glovebox door clock, but they did offer a rear view mirror clock. Good luck with your search.

Greg

Here is another possibilty; perhaps these clocks were offered for the 7 passenger limousine. Only 75 were built and the clock could have been placed in the front or rear compartment. Of course this is only a guess on my part. I have never seen one of the limousines in person but maybe if someone here has, they could chime in.