FS 1930 Chrysler Model 77 Roadster

Guest jamestipke

Guest jamestipke

140 miles on a complete  and detailed restoration.  268 Cubic Six cylinder with 93 H.P. is rebuilt and balanced. It starts and runs great, drives great and the Four speed transmission works excellent.  The body and paint work are beautiful.  The Tri-tone paint scheme is a well thought out color combination on this unique body style.  Natural brown leather interior works very well with the Tan Canvas top. All soft work is very well done and is in excellent condition  The top goes up and down smooth and easy. The chrome is all very nice quality.  The rubber step inserts into the Rumble seat are adorned with the correct "77" logo.   $77,000 reasonable offers considered.   When my computer lets me back in i will have many photos available.  Located in Spokane Washington (pacific time) please call between 8 am and 8 pm . 509-939-4039....YouTube link.  

20150926_152131.jpg

20160407_181918.jpg

20160407_182355.jpg

20160407_182339.jpg

20160407_181725.jpg

20160407_181748.jpg

20160407_181456.jpg

20160407_181412.jpg

20160407_181656.jpg

Edited by jamestipke
Adding photos (see edit history)

If what I have read is correct, those pennant-shaped 

hood louvers were used for only part of the model year.

Reportedly, the engine needed more cooling, so

later in 1930, larger, more ordinary-looking louvers were substituted.

James can probably tell us about that interesting facet of history.

39 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

If what I have read is correct, those pennant-shaped 

hood louvers were used for only part of the model year.

Reportedly, the engine needed more cooling, so

later in 1930, larger, more ordinary-looking louvers were substituted.

James can probably tell us about that interesting facet of history.

My books say that the hood was used half way through the year on some other 1930 Chrysler models, but the Model 77 used the pennon hood throughout 1930.

Guest jamestipke

I believe that this is one of those cars that were unique in their styling without being odd.  The lines that separate the two tone are body lines and not just paint lines. The styling simply underlines the core values of Art Deco design without looking like one of the elevator doors at the Empire State Building. ( although the instrument cluster does bare a strong resemblance )

• 2 years later...

If you click on the original poster's user name it will bring you to his activity summary which shows that his last visit to the forum was in 2016 -- thus not likely to see your post.

On the same screen is an option to send a private message. I would try  that. He should get a notification of your message unless he has disabled that feature.

Don

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 6:54 PM, C. Mathieu said:

Dear Sir,

I'm looking for this model, Chrysler 1930 series 77 roadster! My mum had one many times ago, I am very interested by your ad. Is it still to sell out? 

I am waiting for your return,

Best regards,

C.MATHIEU (France)

A friend in the UK has a Chrysler 77 roadster for sale. This is closer than America and you could visit and view the car. If interested message me your email and I will pass on his details. 

Regards Wayne