'56 Packard Fin Experiment - Factory?

StillOutThere

Little help on a '56 Packard I saw yesterday, if you can. At the "Largest Packard Meet in the South" this weekend in Kerrville, TX, this '56 The Four Hundred was trailered in by a rancher. He bought it from the second owner who bought it as a 3 year old used car. Its the275008-56-packard-fin-experiment-factory275008-56-packard-fin-experiment-factory fin top extensions that raise many eyebrows and they are the only thing out of ordinary on the car. I know some fins along this line were toyed with by several styling departments in the mid-50s. Is this execution perhaps an executive one-off car?  Yes, they are hollow.

!cid__0402161048_.jpg

!cid__0402161048a_.jpg

!cid__0402161048b_.jpg

Edited by StillOutThere (see edit history)

I have heard on another forum that possibly the car was built for a dealer who wanted to employ the Predictor's fins on his personal ride, that location then may have been Kansas, and that the car is manual transmission.  This help anyone with history of the car?

I have no definitive history on this car but I think you can bet your bank accounts that the Detroit factory had absolutely nothing to do with it's creation - a dealer perhaps.  At that point Packard only had 2 priorities, pushing out the few remaining cars they had orders for, and closing down the Detroit facility.