am I the only AOL user

GARY F

Am I the only AOL user. I have problems that the pictures dont come up fully. sometimes I hit the refresh icon multiple times and they open. also if there are more than one page to a post I cant open the page after one . I have to open the first page and then I can go to page 2 or 5 or 8 or how many pages there are to the post to get to the last.  just wondering if anyone else uses AOL.

Gary F:  Do you have AOL dial-up or one of the AOL broadband partners?  Many of today's forums (and websites ) are not dial-up speed friendly anymore.  It certainly  makes browsing the internet very frustrating at times.  When encountering slower internet speeds I find that Google Chrome can provide a better browsing experience as it tends to have the lightest footprint of the available browsers. - Bob

The dial-up services of AOL were/are a mature and profitable segment.  It is going on almost two years since Verizon acquired AOL and they have made no move at all to eliminate or upgrade the dial-up service(the revenue stream is stable and big so why break what is not broken).  Chances are if you would like faster broadband service you would need to look at the high speed vendors, Verizon included. - Bob

Edited by vwlfan (see edit history)

People are still using AOL? And there are enough people still using dialup to have it be a "mature and profitable segment"?

Wow! That's like finding a huge group of people that still use an original curved dash Olds as their one and only everyday car for year 'round use.

20 minutes ago, ply33 said:

People are still using AOL? And there are enough people still using dialup to have it be a "mature and profitable segment"?

Wow! That's like finding a huge group of people that still use an original curved dash Olds as their one and only everyday car for year 'round use.

AOL still has close to 2 million dial-up subscribers.  Unfortunately many parts of rural America still do not have available broadband service (other than satellite) and dial-up is the only game in town.

19 hours ago, GARY F said:

Am I the only AOL user. I have problems that the pictures dont come up fully. sometimes I hit the refresh icon multiple times and they open. also if there are more than one page to a post I cant open the page after one . I have to open the first page and then I can go to page 2 or 5 or 8 or how many pages there are to the post to get to the last.  just wondering if anyone else uses AOL.

I forgot to add in my post that I have high speed broadband service. I will try google chrome, since I am way old , we will see.  Thanks guys for all the replies.

" AOL still has close to 2 million dial-up subscribers.  Unfortunately many parts of rural America still do not have available broadband service (other than satellite) and dial-up is the only game in town."

Not only that, many areas of the US still have no, or limited cell phone service. A couple of months ago I remember reading about an area in Maine where they wanted to eliminate land line telephone service but couldn't because cell phone service not available. Drive through the Adirondacks or some areas of Vermont and your cell phone is useless (or was two years ago with Verizon).

There are many third world countries that provide faster, cheaper and more available phone and broadba nd service than we do.