Need help locating correct Oil Filter

30DodgePanel

• 2 weeks later...

Buicks used to have a similar filter (looked the same and had the same fittings).  Bob's Automobilia have a replacement that comes apart and has a modern spin on filter inside.   The only obvious difference is that the inlet and outlet are on the same end.  Just a suggestion because unobtainum is sometimes impossible to find.

IMG_20160216_152324_hdr.jpg

Thank you for suggesting Bobs, Tinindian but I'm holding out for an original even in salvageable or non salvageable condition. I just want a sample of an original so I can fab one to specs. If the one at Bobs was exact design I would buy it but I'm not satisfied with the non perforated top and bottom design. Just a personal decision that I know will bug me if I don't match as close as factory as possible....

That's the very reason that I have several of the NOS filters for my car.  Someday I may want to restore it and have it judged but right now I don't want to waste original filters on a daily driver.  If I followed the owners manual I would need a new filter every three months (the manual says change oil every thousand miles and filter every third change).

Good luck in your search and enjoy your truck.

• 4 weeks later...