Favorite Pictures of My Buick Reatta

MrEarl

We all like pictures! Soooo

This thread is for posting pictures of YOUR Buick Reatta. Just pictures and a brief description. It will help us all know who has what and sort of put a car to a person so to speak.

Still post more detailed pictures and dialogue in the Me and My Buick forum please!

So let's see them! and who knows, maybe your car will end up featured in a calendar some day.

• MrEarl pinned this topic

Thanks for starting this thread. I like to look a photos too. Here are a few of my favorite photos of my Reatta.

wilson_farm-2.thumb.JPG.bf456706fc6716d5

This photo was taken at Wilson Farms in Rockwood TN.

rugby_fall_2012-1.thumb.JPG.174a3966aa8e

This photo was take in historic Rugby, TN

56f2ac3c70b7a_devils_triangle(8).thumb.J

This photo was taken on a tour of the Devil's Triangle in East TN.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest MrGrayMatter

They are actually 18" rims from an 07 Mustang GT/CS. I like the sportier look they give the Reatta. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No I haven't shared the whole story. I don't want to say too much until the insurance issues are dealt with. In a nut shell, I avoided a head-on with another car. Other driver was charged with crossing a double center line. His insurance covering losses. Could take up to 2 years to define the damages. Yes, it is good to still be alive.

Edited by Pensive Scribe (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

It has been a while since any photos were posted here so I thought maybe I would give you guys something new to look at. Here is a photo of my Reatta earlier this year before I took on the Tail of The Dragon at Deals Gap. The dragon in the background is a metal work of art. The Tail of The Dragon is a stretch or road that has.318 curves in 11 miles! People come from all over the country to drive on it. It is a hot destination for motorcycle riders.

SAM_3278.JPG

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I apologize  for the confusion. I did announce that I planned to shut down the ROJ forum due to lack of participation. After receiving numerous emails, private messages and posts to the ROJ forum asking me to keep it open, my plan to close the ROJ forum was CANCELED after a few days.

When I planned to close my forum I did recommend ROJ forum members join this forum. This is a great forum with lots of good people who are very knowledgeable and helpful. There is nothing wrong with being a member of both forums if you choose to do so. I've been a member of this forum for years.

The ROJ website was never meant to be in completion with this forum. It is intended to augment this forum by serving as a repository of information about the Buick Reatta automobile - organized it in a way to make it easy to find when needed.. Much of the information on ROJ was contributed by members of this forum.

• Like 3

On October 14, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Ronnie said:

It has been a while since any photos were posted here so I thought maybe I would give you guys something new to look at. Here is a photo of my Reatta earlier this year before I took on the Tail of The Dragon at Deals Gap. The dragon in the background is a metal work of art. The Tail of The Dragon is a stretch or road that has.318 curves in 11 miles! People come from all over the country to drive on it. It is a hot destination for motorcycle riders.

SAM_3278.JPG

The Tail of the Dragon  makes for a great photo shoot.! My wife and I drove it once when I had my Riviera and would have gotten some great shots had somebody not  left the lens cover on. There is one curve set up with a camera where you can purchase pictures. I used to drive it back in the early 70s in my Triumph GT 6+  and Fiat124, and that was before it was so popular with motorcyclists, the law wasn't so present and you could actually drive and get up some good speed. Again, would make for some fun Reatta driving and pictures, would love to see some here :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrEarl said:

The Tail of the Dragon  makes for a great photo shoot.! My wife and I drove it once when I had my Riviera and would have gotten some great shots had somebody not  left the lens cover on. There is one curve set up with a camera where you can purchase pictures. I used to drive it back in the early 70s in my Triumph GT 6+  and Fiat124, and that was before it was so popular with motorcyclists, the law wasn't so present and you could actually drive and get up some good speed. Again, would make for some fun Reatta driving and pictures, would love to see some here :)

Everyone should drive the Tail of the Dragon at least once if they get the chance. I live relatively close to it. I've driven it several times in my Reatta. When my wife goes she stays on me the whole time for going around the curves to fast. When my daughter and I go we have a blast because she likes to take the curves fast. On busy weekends the motorcycles scare me. They will pass your car on the inside of the curves or anywhere else. Some of them think they are in a race. The last time me and my daughter went we came upon the scene of an accident being worked by the police. That night on the news we learned that a motorcycle had hit another bike in the rear and they went down a steep embankment. One rider died and another person was hurt.

At the North end of highway 129 (the Dragon) is a road that turns off and goes over the mountain to Townsend, TN called the Foothills Parkway. It is less traveled than the Dragon but it has some beautiful views of the mountains. It is a relaxing, enjoyable drive. It's a lot more laid back and only has gradual curves compared to the Dragon. Not a house or business of any kind along it's 16 miles. Anyone who takes on the Dragon should plan to drive across the Foothills Parkway at the same time. Below is a sample of the views you can expect to see from the Foothills Parkway.

Foothills_Parkway.JPG

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

This front view was taken by one of the Buick photographers....the car is in the GM wind tunnel (note hold down chains)  The picture reportedly hung in the 3800 engine plant and I have had it for about 8 years.

wind tunnel.jpg

• Like 2