Favorite Pictures of My Post War Buick

MrEarl

2 hours ago, Airy Cat said:

This is my 1954 Special. Original unrestored with 35,000 miles.  My aunt bought this car new in 1954 and I got it from her in 1974 with 14,000 miles on it.

IMG_3616.JPG

CQ, CQ this is ex WD4GZI........calling Greetings, missed those days!  ?

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

Sat watching TV , it’s a Cold dark night , heating up. Bit depressed my team lost today, but Browsing iPad photos saw this and it took me back to wonderful hot and happy days with Ruby last summer. Cheered me up.?

1C417EDE-2A6F-4798-B608-DBAAE571338B.jpeg

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2017 at 6:19 PM, dei said:

It has been an amazing year driving the Special again after a 12 year slumber and have posted a lot of memorable pictures of her but captured these tonight to ad to the album.

IMG_2409.thumb.JPG.8922157e836cf49519fc7702574572bb.JPG

IMG_2410.thumb.JPG.a66ea22949129317bb0a80950b1d4270.JPG

Does that yellow diagonal striping on the parking lot designate 1958 Buick only parking?

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, RivNut said:

Does that yellow diagonal striping on the parking lot designate 1958 Buick only parking?

I'm sure it's the spot for owners of classic cars to take their picture of the business.  I know that's what I'd have if I ran a restaurant such as this.

• Like 1

I sure like those black '49 Roadmasters. My Grandmother bought one after they moved into town from the farm and never had anything but a Buick after. Her Buick and my Dad's new '53 Chevy are my earliest car. memories.

She had a long sweeping driveway that ended at the carriage house or barn (depending on your view). It was a big yard with a couple of elms in back and a spreading Sycamore tree filling the side yard, flagstone walks around the house and a roofed sandbox on the other side. One memory was all the relatives cars parked in back and my Aunt started her new pink V8 Nash. My Uncle said "Hear that serge of power." I think my Dad said "Did you say search for power?" You remember stuff like that.

I didn't get here '49, guess I was too young. Or the black '54. But I did end up with the black '62 Invicta and the gray '68 Wildcat.

Picture like that make me want to get into another garage space shortage.

Bernie

• Like 1

On 12/27/2017 at 1:41 PM, 60FlatTop said:

I sure like those black '49 Roadmasters. My Grandmother bought one after they moved into town from the farm and never had anything but a Buick after. Her Buick and my Dad's new '53 Chevy are my earliest car. memories.

She had a long sweeping driveway that ended at the carriage house or barn (depending on your view). It was a big yard with a couple of elms in back and a spreading Sycamore tree filling the side yard, flagstone walks around the house and a roofed sandbox on the other side. One memory was all the relatives cars parked in back and my Aunt started her new pink V8 Nash. My Uncle said "Hear that serge of power." I think my Dad said "Did you say search for power?" You remember stuff like that.

I didn't get here '49, guess I was too young. Or the black '54. But I did end up with the black '62 Invicta and the gray '68 Wildcat.

Picture like that make me want to get into another garage space shortage.

Bernie

My grandparents were too frugal to get a Buick. At the time this picture was taken they drove a Studebaker. I am guessing about a 1951. They traded it for a 1957 Chevy. The Buick in the photo would have belonged to my uncle who owned a Buick dealership. I am sure this Roadmaster had everything offered. 

C7D8200B-975D-40B3-B775-9C7B44456ED2.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dons56 said:

My grandparents were too frugal to get a Buick. At the time this picture was taken they drove a Studebaker. I am guessing about a 1951. They traded it for a 1957 Chevy. The Buick in the photo would have belonged to my uncle who owned a Buick dealership. I am sure this Roadmaster had everything offered. 

Including the Kelsey Hayes Spoke wheels

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Elpad said:

Including the Kelsey Hayes Spoke wheels

11 hours ago, dons56 said:

and the AC. Love this picture!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

and the AC. Love this picture!!

I think my Roadmaster will look nice with a set of Kel$ey-Haye$ !!! 

Humm it will be fun to dress like that for the next South Beach Art Deco Show coming up in January even if the backdrop is more 20’s & 30’s.

will see if my other1/2 agrees.

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)

49 minutes ago, Elpad said:

I think my Roadmaster will look nice with a set of Kel$ey-Haye$ !!! 

Humm it will be fun to dress like that for the next South Beach Art Deco Show coming up in January even if the backdrop is more 20’s & 30’s.

will see if my other1/2 agrees.

But all eyes would be on Miriam, instead of the car  :)

• 2 weeks later...

The one on the left is a Vizsla.  This was a memorial picture as he passed on in December.  He was my gift to myself when I retired.  Great bird dog!  I miss him.

The paint is a basecoat /clearcoat matching as close as I could get to the original Chalet Blue.  Clearcoat sure messes with the hue as it changes depending on the angle you look at.  Light perpendicular and viewing perpendicular, it's a good match. Chalet blue had a very fine metallic which is also hard to duplicate.

Bob

On 1/10/2018 at 9:36 PM, Bob Engle said:

The one on the left is a Vizsla.  This was a memorial picture as he passed on in December.  He was my gift to myself when I retired.  Great bird dog!  I miss him.

I know you do. I thought he was either a lean Rhodesian Ridge Back or a Vizsla.  Sorry to hear he is gone.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

This is a picture that I've wanted to post for awhile, but had to scan the original photo.  I got married in 1998 and at the time my dad had two white Buicks, his favorite a 1980 LeSabre Limited and a 1993 Century.  Who needs a limo when you have two white Buicks!  I spent the day before the wedding cleaning and polishing both cars to get them ready, and on the day of the wedding, I helped the florist do her thing on the cars.  I spent a lot of time in my youth cleaning and polishing that LeSabre for my dad!  The LeSabre was all Buick, being the last year of the Buick 350, and was a rare color combination of white with a  light blue vinyl top... which I've only seen one other time on a similar vintage Park Avenue. 

80LeSabre Wedding.jpg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, dmfconsult said:

This is a picture that I've wanted to post for awhile, but had to scan the original photo.  I got married in 1998 and at the time my dad had two white Buicks, his favorite a 1980 LeSabre Limited and a 1993 Century.  Who needs a limo when you have two white Buicks!  I spent the day before the wedding cleaning and polishing both cars to get them ready, and on the day of the wedding, I helped the florist do her thing on the cars.  I spent a lot of time in my youth cleaning and polishing that LeSabre for my dad!  The LeSabre was all Buick, being the last year of the Buick 350, and was a rare color combination of white with a  light blue vinyl top... which I've only seen one other time on a similar vintage Park Avenue. 

80LeSabre Wedding.jpg

Tha's CLASS!!!!

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2018 at 3:53 PM, dmfconsult said:

80LeSabre Wedding.jpg

This picture, I could see in a Buick sales brochure for the 1980 LeSabre.   Cool!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Taken by a pro photographer while at a car show couple of years ago. The photographer saw my car again in a  recent ? show and approached me to show me the picture he had taken. No doubt the 54 Roadmaster 72R with factory AC depict its beautiful lines and  confirms the Buick’s “The Beautiful Buy” slogan of days past.

AEE29843-436A-46DA-A0CA-3266881EF7BD.jpeg

Edited by Elpad (see edit history)
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 10:30 PM, Elpad said:

Taken by a pro photographer while at a car show couple of years ago. The photographer saw my car again in a  recent ? show and approached me to show me the picture he had taken. No doubt the 54 Roadmaster 72R with factory AC depict its beautiful lines and  confirms the Buick’s “The Beautiful Buy” slogan of days past.

AEE29843-436A-46DA-A0CA-3266881EF7BD.jpeg

You really did a spectacular job with this restoration.  What is the greatest joy for me with your restoration is the fact it is a 4 door.  She gets the approving nod at  shows.  Two doors always seem to get the attention.   She is beautiful(and cool inside.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this '55 Roadmaster from an elderly BCA member in Baltimore, MD, ten years ago.  It is not a show car, but a fun driver.  Lots of power options:  antenna, seat, windows.  Even has the foot switch for the wonder bar radio.  It is a fun ride!  Shown parked outside my office last summer after I replaced 35 feet of heater hose!  I love the Dyna-flow!

2017-06-20 23.49.55.jpg

• Like 9