Favorite Pictures of My Post War Buick

MrEarl

4 minutes ago, SpecialEducation said:

Ugh... I hate it when ugly things creep into the background. Here, I helped you out a little:

GoBlow.jpg.dbd52c9525fd797485ea039b173a42ec.jpg

If I get a chance, I'll slip a Sparty on that front tag for ya!  ?

LOL...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

My wife was so embarrassed.  There was a police officer standing nearby when I backed up onto the empty sidewalk to take the picture.  The officer never said anything, and we waved as we left.

You must live right John to not be bothered from him! :lol:

Then again, I have been to a game at that stadium. I'll bet that Officer has seen MANY things besides a fantastic Buick parked on the sidewalk.....

Continued safe travels.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2017 at 3:50 AM, Lars Westerberg said:

My car moved to Sweden about 2011, from Indiana (I think). Anybody recognizing and willing to give me some history?

/Lars

IMG_0234.JPG

Interesting color scheme

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:D No Don, I'm right across the Detroit River in Canada.

I have family in Michigan and until recently have travelled over there quite frequently. Living on a border town it was always common to enjoy the different venues and shopping over there. For the most part it still is but Customs (on both sides) can sometimes make it a bit unpleasant from the old days but if one has nothing to hide, you just answer their questions and eventually they say, you're good to go.

Once I get the new tires on the Special want to go over and take Jefferson Ave right from the Tunnel out to St. Clair Shores and take some shots. Grosse Point is along the Lake and where a lot of Car Executives (and suppliers) built their Mansions. It is a great drive on a warm sunny day.

Stay tuned.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/1/2017 at 9:35 AM, dei said:

:D No Don, I'm right across the Detroit River in Canada.

I have family in Michigan and until recently have travelled over there quite frequently. Living on a border town it was always common to enjoy the different venues and shopping over there. For the most part it still is but Customs (on both sides) can sometimes make it a bit unpleasant from the old days but if one has nothing to hide, you just answer their questions and eventually they say, you're good to go.

Once I get the new tires on the Special want to go over and take Jefferson Ave right from the Tunnel out to St. Clair Shores and take some shots. Grosse Point is along the Lake and where a lot of Car Executives (and suppliers) built their Mansions. It is a great drive on a warm sunny day.

Stay tuned.

I have a copy of the official Buick magazine dated November 1955 which had a photo of a dealership in an unidentified location.  I did some research and found it not far from you, in Detroit, depending on your definition of IN Detroit.

12794361_931561536919385_3477523997162763007_n.jpg

1956 Buick US 16 Detroit magazine.jpg

12814521_931562100252662_4053447079002013977_n.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On November 12, 2017 at 10:42 PM, Airy Cat said:

My 1956 Buick Model 63.  Original and unrestored.

IMG_0926[1].jpg

IMG_0930[1].jpg

On November 12, 2017 at 11:21 PM, dmfconsult said:

I love it!  Where do I get in line to be the next caretaker!  

Right behind me. In fact I sent him adoption papers and a Will for signatures last month but have yet to hear back. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2