MrEarl

Favorite Pictures of My Post War Buick

On March 24, 2016 at 9:16 AM, SpecialEducation said:

Both built in Kansas in 1956.  A poster of this pic hangs in Plant I at Beechcraft.

We have since replaced the tires, re-chromed front & back bumpers, and re-covered the seats.  I guess it's time for a re-shoot.  

1956.jpg

Edited by dons56
Error (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On March 24, 2016 at 5:19 PM, raugusti said:

My '54 desktop pic.  Good side of the car, good light, hides lots of 'issues'....

54 Roadmaster small.jpg

• Like 6

For some reason this thing doesn't like me. I still am not sure how I got here. Now that I am I want to say, this is a great shot. The location is wonderful. Lighting is excellent. Subject is fabulous. I must also say though, when I was a kid, these Buick's scared me after dark. That grill looks like part of one mean face to a small child. 

• Like 1

Here is some shots of our '64 Riviera, which I finished a restoration on in 1985, and our '85 'T' Type Riviera (Turbo V-6) which we have owned since new.  We use both cars regularly on BDE Tours.  Both are great road cars for touring long distances from Michigan.  Our BDE tours with these Buicks have included South Dakota, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Virginia, West Virginia, Iowa, Ontario Canada, and of course, Michigan.

64riv1.jpg

64riv2.jpg

85riv1.jpg

85riv2.jpg

• Like 5

Gorgeous Ike.  Reminded me of these two:  July 13th, 2014, Rt 50 between Sacramento CA. and Lake Tahoe, NV. 

IMG_8709.JPG

IMG_8706.JPG

• Like 4

I drove my '59 Electra from Leonard, Texas to Oklahoma City and back today for a Mid-Century Modern Design antiques show, building tour, and car show. It was wonderful, but as I was leaving, I stumbled upon the 1920s, restored, former Buick dealership on the Broadway St. Auto Row Historic District in OKC, and grabbed this photo.

Pete Phillips

IMG_2997.JPG

• Like 11

Ok, here is a pre-Rob restoration picture.  Taken about 3 years ago.  Lots of work to do for the re-restoration.  Mostly original but needs alot of polish and mechanical stuff.  Taken at Dad's 90th birthday celebration in Winfield Kansas.  Car now lives in North Texas.skylark family snip.PNG

• Like 2

That building in post 41 looks just like Dad's dealership in Bloomington, Il.

The deallship moved from it in the very early 50's, but the building still stands and looks nearly the same as back then.

I did a double take when I saw post 41.

Dale in Indy