Southeastern Spring Meet - Charlotte

61polara

The registration deadline for the AACA Southeastern Spring Meet in Charlotte is March 11 for car registration and judges.  There will not be an extension on the cut off date.  Come join us for a great show held in conjunction with Charlotte AutoFair at the Charlotte Motor Speedway.  There will be a new show field location this year on the front side of the speedway with easy access to the track entrance.

Dave Bowman

Chief Judge

AACA Southeastern Spring Meet

Hornets Nest Region AACA

Registered to judge a couple of weeks ago.  My wife and I like spending a few days in Charlotte to visit some of the local art museums as well as the Auto Fair and Spring Meet.  This year we are heading to South Carolina after judging to visit some of my wife's high school classmates.  We really enjoy southern hospitality.

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck Papafarms!   If nothing else, you will have a great time and meet some awesome people always willing to help :)

And remember... you don't exactly compete against other cars. Your car starts with 400 points and goes from there. :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, papafarms said:

Hi everyone, I too am heading to charlotte for my first attempt of showing my car, just out of curiosity is there a way to find out how many cars are in ones classification or not, I have a 1940 46c and was curious , thanks bob

We'll all find out Saturday morning!

Saturday was cool & beautiful. Sunday was clear, sunny,windy and COLD.  Hats blowing away and big demand for AACA sweat shirts and jackets.  Great cars, big flea market, nice people.  Bought very little but enjoyed the whole experience, no pictures.  HPOF class was really big, quality of cars was award winning and the show was all on pavement. 

Other then the extreme winds, it was a beautiful day today!  I agree about the great cars and nice people :)  Joel and I had a great day catching up and meeting new friends!  Thanks to everyone who took the time to stop and chat with us.  We have lots of pictures to load and will share tomorrow :)

Here are pictures from yesterday's show.  Thanks Hornet's Next Region for hosting :)

Edited by AnniesSS (see edit history)

1 hour ago, DAVE A said:

Congratulations to the Hornets Nest Region on another fine Spring Meet.  Had  a great time .  Thanks .  

AND...

Congratulations to Dave A for the recognition his Crosleys recieved

• Like 1

Pic 2

I am a little out of my element with high end cars. I was really amazed at the beautiful woodwork on the door panels of this high end Packard. I was even more surprised at the leveling device on top of its headlamps! I overheard the owner tell someone that they were very hard to afford back in the 20's. :blink:

I would say that they are even harder to afford TODAY! :D

WOOD.jpg

HEADLIGHT LEVELERS.jpg

Pic 2

Ok, I have been dealing with pin striping for a long time now, as a purchaser, not a professional. I found this one in the flea market infield, really good work.  You guys do know that the AACA Museum is highlighting "stripe work" right now, right? Entrance is free to AACA members.

2.jpg

Last one. I had two of my  buddies keep me out of the track infield on Saturday. This '77 Malibu wagon was calling me all weekend. It had a rare 4 speed behind a 305 V-8. It had a brand new paint job, with cloth interior and A/C Wow! The older gentleman was asking $10,500 for it. He and his wife were preparing to move into an assisted living home. Depressing!

3.jpg

I also enjoyed the new location as class 36B was near the crossover under the sign.  Lots of traffic that we have never had at the old location near water tower.  Many folks that came across the highway went to our location as they did not know we were not the for sale cars inside!  I heard a comment that the for sale cars are very nice down here in Charlotte while he was actually at our AACA location!  And our very own restroom facilities.  Maybe next year more food vendors :) yes I am congested due to the pollen and my car is a dusty mess like everyone else is in those winds.

Here are a few photos of cars near me and of course I had to put mine in the photos!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Dave did a great job with the judging and kept the awards presentation moving right along. (I almost couldn't keep up...)

We are making note of folks' comments. Most of them have been very positive.

Using the Speedway's Fan Fair area out front is definitely the best place for a meet.

Yes, real live bathrooms right in the middle of the show field! The ladies on my team were thrilled.

And yes, sometimes we carry over to April with our March winds in NC...

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I think Tom G. may post more pictures later.

• Like 2

Thanks Marty...Charlotte was my first AACA meet a few years back and will always hold a special place in my heart.  Deb couldn't attend so I took my daughter, son in law and grandson this time.   They remarked on the same things that keep me coming back.  The friendly attitude, the fantastic fleamarket, the great food, the location, just about everything.  Now they want to come to Hershey too!!!  (don't tell them but I am absolutely delighted!!)

• Like 1

Guest Mark McAlpine

Kudos to the Hornets Nest Region for another outstanding meet!  Yes, it was a little cold on Saturday, but the variety of outstanding vehicles on the show field and the enthusiasm of all the participants more than overcame the chill.  And the convenience of the paved show field near the parking and the tents for the judges' breakfast and admin was great.  Thanks for the wonderful weekend HNR!