Champion Spark Plug x reference list

Curti

I just bought a 898 Auburn and am looking for the correct plugs. Some documentation says C2  another says C4  some says same as Model A Ford.  I always thought (maybe wrongly) Model A used C7's.  I have these C7's  but they say Radio.  I don't think too many Model A's came with radios. Any way I am looking for a list of old Champion plugs and the application. 

post-97611-0-18800000-1455491217_thumb.j

Edited by Curti (see edit history)

Here it is verbatum from the horse's mouth; the Champion Spark Plug Company's 1965 info brochure titled "For cars and taxicabs built in the USA 1920-1940".  It lists the following;
     Auburn                                                                          Old Type No.      New Type No.
     8-cyl. 1931-1933, and S-19, 125 Hi-Comp Heads                2                       W-18
     6 & 8-Cyl. Alum. Hds, thru 1936                                          J6*                      H-10

*Long Reach.

A Champion plug no longer listed, but common in the 20's and 30's is a Commercial #1. 7/8th - 20 thread like a Model A Ford. In fact, I have seen them in Model A Fords. A lot of Tractors, Engines, and Construction Equipment used them back in the day. Dandy Dave!