Body Tag/Plate on Cowl

Paul K.

On the the body tag under the hood what does the star symbol identify? . Are the body and paint numbers before or after the words Body and Paint? The seller of the car sent me a not very good pic of the tag and there is still some paint on it covering it partially. This is a 65 Riv. 

Edited by Paul K. (see edit history)

The star has been discussed on here before but I don't think there was a definitive answer for its existence.

The words Body and Paint are on the right side of the tag, you can see a couple of samples on this post ...

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/269198-1965-fisher-body-data-plate-help/#entry1453540

One of the pictures I posted has the star too, but no one has been able to say what it means for certain?

In the link that Randall posted the AA to the left of the paint is the color. A indicates that the car is Regal Black,  The double letter is for upper and lower colors - if the car had a two tone paint job.  No Rivieras came from the factory with two tone paint so the upper and lower letters are the same.  In '65, if the car came equipped with a vinyl top, then the color code would be one letter for the color followed by a 2 for the vinyl top option. A2 would be a black car with a vinyl top.

Hope this helps.

Ed

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, Jim Milewski said:

Maybe I missed it - but what does 3BT mean on a 65 Riviera cowl tag - I know the rest of the codes - thanks

I dont have my reference material with me but almost sure 3BT stands for rear seat center armrest and rear window defogger,

Tom Mooney

2 hours ago, 1965rivgs said:

I dont have my reference material with me but almost sure 3BT stands for rear seat center armrest and rear window defogger,

Tom Mooney

Tom is correct, as usual ...

B = Rear window defogger

T = Rear center arm rest

Just adding since he doesn't have his "reference material" handy.

Some time ago, I sent Ray an updated list of the data plate codes for the 63's and the 64/65 models for the ROA's website.  It's under the Articles in the Riview tab then 3rd from the bottom you'll find "1963 - 1965 Fisher Body Plate Codes"  The old non-applicable codes have been removed and the 3B and 3T and other codes have been added.

Ed