the most important, or the most iconic Mercedes model?

Guest Duplaga

Guest Duplaga

Hello forum users!
What in your opinion is the most important, or the most iconic Mercedes model? Perhaps there is more of them? I'm a programmer game and was thrown into the game the opportunity to commune with models of Mercedes, but we depend mainly on those "most important."
All Yours and wait for the answers!
(Car Mechanic Simulator 2015)

Important and Iconic are two different things.  The most important will be one of the lower end models, either prior to or after WWII.

The most iconic is either a 300 SL Gullwing or a 540k Long tail Special Roadster depending on your level of sophistication.

For the game world I would go with the 300SL.

Guest Duplaga
If someone has a basic version of the Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 I dealt to you the keys to the Mercedes DLC.

Inquiries to the mail; duplagakuba@gmail.com

Just write KEY MERCEDES DLC

Greetings and thanks!NFfJEoA.png?1

To me, the most important Mercedes is the one I saw and first noticed when I was about 10 years old. It was parked in downtown Royal Oak, Michigan and there was girl sitting against a storefront sketching the car. The car was silver with red interior and the girl was doing a colored chalk drawing. It was parked with the doors up. After I sat and watched her draw that car for about an hour or more, she finished it and gave it to me! I could not believe it. I had that picture in my room for a long, long time and then it went away like so many other things from my childhood....  

post-81542-0-74939400-1455488833_thumb.j

• Like 1

When I was 7 or 8 yrs old we were moving to another city. The church group I was a junior member of bought me a going away gift. The leader took me to department store to the toy section and there was a die cast model of the stainless steel 300 SL coupe with operating gullwing doors that I chose. Had it for many years before it got lost. Always dream of buying a real one, but now it's so far beyond my means it will take a large lottery win to achieve!

Guest Duplaga

And what do you think about that in the future enter the DLC allows "to pull the car out of the shed?" Something on the principle that as a player you are somewhere in the old barn, it is theoretically eg Beetle - haggle with some owner, you are buying the old Beetle from a haystack, you turn up and it turns out that include 911? Would you like to try something like this play?

Regards

And what do you think about that in the future enter the DLC allows "to pull the car out of the shed?" Something on the principle that as a player you are somewhere in the old barn, it is theoretically eg Beetle - haggle with some owner, you are buying the old Beetle from a haystack, you turn up and it turns out that include 911? Would you like to try something like this play?

Regards

Interesting, seeking barn finds in a game, I think that would be a bit unique in the gaming world and sounds like a fun diversion away from the typical "garage" where most car games start out as you assemble your vehicle. Why not? It's an original idea and maybe the perfect transition piece for young car enthusiast to want to actually go seek out a hidden gem in real life one day.

How about the World's oldest-surviving Mercedes, the 1902 40HP Mercedes Simplex,

once owned by Vanderbilt Cup Race Founder, William K. Vanderbilt, Jr.,

now housed at the M-B Museum in Stuttgart. 

post-87514-0-80048500-1456174670_thumb.j

It held center-stage in the main gallery when we visited the Museum in 2009,

so the company thinks it's pretty special.

TG

Edited by TG57Roadmaster (see edit history)

How about the 1903 60 hp model?  The world's first supercar.  One was used to win the 1903 Gordon-Bennett race in Ireland after the factory race-prepared 90 hp models were burnt in a fire.

Another possibility is the 'pagoda roof' sports models (230, 250 and 280 SL )of the 1960s - a car that still looks good more than 50 years after it was first produced.

Will say that the filthiest engine I ever worked on was a 240D. Wave your hands near the engine and they turned black.

The diesel engines seemed to sweat and drip oil despite best efforts to keep it sealed. The only time they didn't leak oil was probably was it ran out of oil.

• 3 weeks later...