66 Trunk Liner & Cardboard Color (Same as 1st Gen)

JZRIV

I know there are some older posts on this but wanted revisit since its been a couple years. Past info indicated Jenkins had the closest match to original as far as trunk floor material. This is same stuff used in 1st gen cars. Is Jenkins still considered closest match? Anyone use theirs recently? Are others like SMS close enough that it doesn't matter?

Also since the 66 cardboard liners comes black but needs to be gray, has anyone found an off-the-shelf paint that matches original? It appears the original finish was flat or satin?

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Not sure about '66. But I still have my original '67 cardboard. There is no sheen at all. And its almost a photo image of the liner. It is dark gray with tiny light gray  "fibers" printed over it. From 6 feet away it visually matches the fabric liner perfect.

I'm replacing the fabric. Ordered this from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MWBQ1IK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Will let you know how it is when it arrives?

Paul,

The 66 used a medium gray cardboard and light tan weave floor liner for all but the tail end of the model year when it was switched to the black/dark linings used through 67 making it a one year only item for that cardboard liner pattern in gray color. All repop cardboard liners come black which is a close match to original 67 but lacks the gray fiber print you mentioned.