FS 1984 Buick Riviera

At $7450 this is the car you have been looking for!  No repairs needed. Just drive  and enjoy. This car was originally sold in California and somehow ended up in Florida.

It has the owners manual and all the other info brochures that came with it. I bought it from an elderly gentleman who had only driven it 4000 miles in the last 3 years.

It now has 66000 miles.  He let his son, who I would guess to be 55-60 years old, use it to go to N.Y. It developed an overheating problem on the trip so he had a new radiator installed when he got back to Florida.  He had to return to N.Y. and the overheating problem returned in West Virginia plus, some rods started knocking.

He then got a rental and I bought the Buick.  This all the history I have on it.  It is now in West Virginia

The overheating problem was caused by the camshaft shedding some of its nylon teeth which resulted in the valve timing and the ignition timing being very much late.

The gear teeth then fell into the engine oil pan and clogged the oil pump intake screen which starved the rod bearings of lubrication, thus the knocking rods.

I removed the engine and sent it to Jasper Engines in Jasper, IN  for their remanufacture service. This is more than a rebuild. Every part is tested and fit to factory specs

and any factory updates are performed. It came back looking like new and now has their 100,000 mile nationwide parts and labor warranty.  I installed a new AC compressor and drier when I put it back in.

The sheetmetal is perfect: not as much as a parking lot "door dimple", the bumpers are like new and all the stainless trim is perfect, even the wheel opening mouldings!

The vinyl half top was removed and the car was repainted in original color. The interior and trunk compartment show no wear at all. Ash trays and lighters have never been used.  The tires look new. It drives and feels like a new car. Very quiet ,nice riding, handles perfectly, steering and brakes track straight.

AFTER ALL THE ABOVE:

I think it's time to qualify myself. I started working in my dad's service station/garage at age 13. It was 1943 and all his help but one had been drafted to fight in the war. 

Seven years later I became a line mechanic in a new car dealership for 8 years . My next job was as a Lincoln-Mercury service manager for 9 years. in 1967 I opened

my own independent garage . I thought I retired in 1996. My garage is now a hobby shop(cars naturally). Next job is a 1942 Jeep. After 73 years I still enjoy working. 

I have enough to keep me occupied; in 1951  I got a  1931 LaSalle opera Cpe.(AACA Senior)                                   

That was the start of my collection                               1953 Rolls Royce Silver Dawn(2nd Jr.)                                         

I like true classics!                                                   1929 Lincoln Locke Club Roadster(1st Jr.)                   

1979 Lincoln Cont. Town Car

Collectors Series        (Gr. Nat. 1st.)                          post-155572-0-10241900-1455052732_thumb.post-155572-0-24414700-1455052838_thumb.                                                                                                     post-155572-0-07966500-1455052958_thumb.                                                                                                                                   post-155572-0-28293100-1455053108_thumb.

1929 Minerva (Belgian)Town Car                                           

By; Hibbard & Darrin   (AACA Senior)

Pebble Beach winner in 1998                                       post-155572-0-66615800-1455053321_thumb.post-155572-0-24271600-1455053496_thumb.                                                                                                                                     post-155572-0-08042700-1455053204_thumb.