1917 Lexington, Does anyone have photo's or have one??

Guest Roj

Guys bought a 1917 Lexington Minute Man. Looking for photo's or if you have one, looking to converse to start and restore this car. Any help appreciated, she's going to need a lot of work, but the bones are there.

post-139649-0-58199900-1454944651_thumb.

post-139649-0-02307400-1454944662_thumb.

post-139649-0-51731100-1454944672_thumb.

• 4 weeks later...

Roj, I love to see rare cars like this being brought back to life. There are probably only a handful of Lexingtons left in the world, great find.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 1923WillysKnight

I have part of a 1917 Lexington Minute Man 6  Series 6-OO-17 Touring and a 1920 Lexington Minute Man 6 Series S Touring         Also have collected some Lexington parts     You can e-mail me at  klane113840MI@comcast.net.        I am located in Dearborn Michigan 48124  Send me an e-mail with your name, phone number and location as well as the best time to call you.   My cell number is (313) 622-7707 and can usually be reached between 9:00 AM and 9:00 PM EST.  I would like to find out the history of your Lexington and get an update on your car.       Is this the Lexington that sold on ebay about 3 or so  years ago out of the Yakima Washington area ???    I have lots of Lexington info and photo's of my car as I disassembled it. I took pic's to use as a reference when I start to put it back together. It is currently disassembled and stored inside ( partly in my basement and partly in my garage). I do not have the engine, trans, driveshaft, or radiator.  It would be easier to tell you about it on a phone call or two and the best time to catch me is usually between 5:00 and 9:00 PM Eastern time.  I look forward to hearing from you.            Ken Lane !

Guest 1923WillysKnight
On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:25 PM, 46 woodie said:

Roj, I love to see rare cars like this being brought back to life. There are probably only a handful of Lexingtons left in the world, great find.

According to Richard Stanley , author of the book "The Lexington Automobile   A Complete History"  there are only 38 Lexington's still known to exist.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2016 at 9:18 PM, 1923WillysKnight said:

I have part of a 1917 Lexington Minute Man 6  Series 6-OO-17 Touring and a 1920 Lexington Minute Man 6 Series S Touring         Also have collected some Lexington parts     You can e-mail me at  klane113840MI@comcast.net.        I am located in Dearborn Michigan 48124  Send me an e-mail with your name, phone number and location as well as the best time to call you.   My cell number is (313) 622-7707 and can usually be reached between 9:00 AM and 9:00 PM EST.  I would like to find out the history of your Lexington and get an update on your car.       Is this the Lexington that sold on ebay about 3 or so  years ago out of the Yakima Washington area ???    I have lots of Lexington info and photo's of my car as I disassembled it. I took pic's to use as a reference when I start to put it back together. It is currently disassembled and stored inside ( partly in my basement and partly in my garage). I do not have the engine, trans, driveshaft, or radiator.  It would be easier to tell you about it on a phone call or two and the best time to catch me is usually between 5:00 and 9:00 PM Eastern time.  I look forward to hearing from you.            Ken Lane !

This is what it's all about, spoke with Ken Lane last night about Lexington's, to which he is knows a lot about.  Ultimately he's a car guy, he loves them as much as I do.  We spoke for a couple of hours and just had fun, didn't talk how much money can be made, but that we enjoyed the HOBBY.  At the end of the conversation, I thought, this is what the forum is all about, bring people together to help one another with there cars.  Pretty neat. 

• 10 months later...
On March 22, 2016 at 6:29 PM, 1923WillysKnight said:

According to Richard Stanley , author of the book "The Lexington Automobile   A Complete History"  there are only 38 Lexington's still known to exist.

Does this include the Lex owned  by Bernie Long of  Bloomington, CA ?   - Carl