Bugatti, Early Fiat Fenders?

Guest DocBrown

Guest DocBrown

Can anyone identify these fenders? The previous owner told me they came off of a 31 Bugatti, but I'm skeptical. There are two rear, and two front, color is a pale baby blue, and appears to be the original paint.

I am planning to sell them off, and trying to identify first.

Thanks kindlypost-156107-0-28629200-1454554589_thumb.

post-156107-0-32629600-1454554650_thumb.

Guest DocBrown

They do look very similar to the fenders in this photo as well. Not sure the model of this Bugatti. Color seems similiar as well.

post-156107-0-36583400-1454557163_thumb.

Cycle style fenders such as these were used on many different makes of cars.  They could be original or from a later "sports " restyle of a late 20's-1930's French, Italian, British car.  Think along the lines of Riley, Alvis , Singer, Fiat, Delage, and yes even Bugatti. To complicate things these cars had bodywork supplied by numerous outside body building firms, and no doubt countless variations exist.  A 100 % positive I.D. is probably going to be very difficult.

Greg in Canada

Guest DocBrown

Thanks for the helpful input. The fender stays are period correct, and they do have a great look. Yes, Bob, they are in good condition, I was originally planning to use them on my Bugatti replica build, but I will keep the car open wheel. I am thinking about offering them for sale, does anyone have a fair price to recommend?