R W Burgess

2016 AACA Sentimental Tour-Salisbury, NC

What a great tour!  Thanks for sharing the photos and memories.  I hope everyone had a fantastic time and made it back home safely :)

We made it back home in time for lunch, having traveled a little over 200 miles on the trip home today. I am very happy with the way my 1937 Buick Century performed for the week. The trip home was at least 15 degrees cooler than the trip up on Sunday. It was very a very comfortable trip home today. I am working on laundry and getting caught up reading the week's newspapers and mail. Hopefully I will be finished with that later tonight.

• Like 1

Had a great time good weather met many new people. Hornets Nest did an over the top job event, THANKS 

But the best part was the drive home through Pa. A fellow was looking at my car when we stopped for dinner last night and told me he has a car in his basement to sell. He wanted us to come back the next day but I talked him into letting us following him home as I would be back in Canada the next day. There was actually three Fords and his son was there and he wants no part of them either. Now to make a deal for the three of them if we can. Did I mention he is 92 and put them away before we went to WW11 in 1941. Hard to take pictures for the clutter and the dust from moving things around. Now this is a basement find!2016-06-17 sentamental tour 019.JPG2016-06-17 sentamental tour 002.JPG2016-06-17 sentamental tour 024.JPG2016-06-17 sentamental tour 012.JPG2016-06-17 sentamental tour 030.JPG2016-06-17 sentamental tour 043.JPG2016-06-17 sentamental tour 007.JPG2016-06-17 sentamental tour 020.JPG

• Like 2

Wow!!!  You just never know who you are going to run into when talking cars!!!  Just amazing!  Keep us posted on how things go :)

That is a great Cadillac you own.  I enjoyed seeing it all week.  Hope to see you at the next Sentimental in 2018.  Wayne Burgess announced he has an application from the Nebraska Region for a tour in Seward, NE.  Earl Beauchamp

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)

Matt & Phil,

Thanks for the great pictures!  Almost like being there again.  i wish I could use them in my album because they are much better than the pictures I took.  Thanks to all who participated and worked so hard to make it a great tour experience.

Paul

• Like 2

We had our region's monthly meeting tonight, and I made a point of thanking the trouble truck guys, etc.

Joe, my pictures are your pictures. Use them as you like.