E-Z eye tented glass on all windows? 1953 Pontiac

JP75

I have been finding new storage for some of my parts and I realized today my rear window is clear and does not have the E-Z eye tint like the rest. Is this normal? When the buyer selected the tint was it an all or nothen option? To narrow down the time line I am refering to a 1953 Pontiac 4 door sedan.

Thanks for your help.

A good question and I will be watching for a definitive answer.  My thinking is all should have been tinted.

Are there any markings on the window glass?  Do all appear to be from the same manufacturer?   Do the markings bear a date code?  Are the date codes all close in time, or is the rear window much (light years :D) later?

Guest Bob Call

As Dave said, check the codes on the glasses. If I recall correctly, back then you could order a tinted windshield, or, you could order all windows tinted. Sounds like yours may have had all tinted originally and the rear glass has been replaced.

Our resident 1950's Pontiac expert has not responded to this post but I bet he will. He has a 53 Poncho and is the guru for all things 50' Pontiac.

Hi thanks for the replies. I was able to get into the garage atic last night and look at all of my glass. The windshild,all 4 doors and the 4 vent windows have the same markings including the E-Z eye mark. I was not able to locate any markings on the rear window. Is this normal for GM in 53/54?

I have decided to look for a tinted rear window to match the rest. If any body has a tinted rear window for a 2 or 4 door sedan Chevy or Pontiac 1953 or 1954 that they will sell in or near North Carolina please let me know.

Guest Bob Call

Maybe someone with a Hollander's can give you the interchange info on your rear glass. There is a standard number system for auto glass. Your rear window will have a number unique to that glass regardless of the manufacturer and from that you can find all cars that used the same glass. Chances are that Chevy, Pontiac and small Olds and Buicks used the same rear glass. 2 and 4 door sedans may not use the same glass.

I have been finding new storage for some of my parts and I realized today my rear window is clear and does not have the E-Z eye tint like the rest. Is this normal? When the buyer selected the tint was it an all or nothen option? To narrow down the time line I am refering to a 1953 Pontiac 4 door sedan.

Thanks for your help.

Contact Charles Coker. Charles is the 53 Pontiac Tech advisor for POCI. You probably would have gotten a faster response if you had asked in the Pontiac section.

Charles can be found here on AACA.

pontiac1953