Driver's seat position -- 1936 Phaeton

Hi All --- I'm new to Ford V8's and have one question to start.

I like the 1936's and have looked at a few open cars for sale --- Phaeton and Convertible Sedan.  Is the front seat movable on these? Can you move it back some to allow more room for the driver?

On the Phaetons I've seen, there appear to be three wood screws holding the body to the seat back.  It looks like you could re-position the seat that way.  If so, is that true for the Convertible Sedan as well?

I ask because I once drove a 1934 Phaeton that was so very cramped in the driver's seat that the car was all but undriveable for me. The 1936's I'm interested in are a little too far away to check out if they have the same problem as that '34 did. Any help appreciated.

Thanks -- Scott

post-80997-0-43004200-1450023320_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...

Hi scott,

I'm restoring a 35 phaeton, the front seat riser is bolted to the floor with NO adjustment, the rear of the front seat is permanently fixed to the "B" pillars, so there is no adjustment at all. The 36 phaeton will be the same. It is not possible to change the front seat position without seriously modifying the car and destroying originality.

Regards

Viv.

• 1 month later...