A milestone!!!

Hey, just realized I hit a milestone - now over 1800 posts and never once banned!!!   I realize it doesn't even come close to some of you but I'm proud to be there.   Might be interesting to see who among us had the 1st (oldest) post on the forums?  Any way to tell?

Terry

Hey, just realized I hit a milestone - now over 1800 posts and never once banned!!!   I realize it doesn't even come close to some of you but I'm proud to be there.   Might be interesting to see who among us had the 1st (oldest) post on the forums?  Any way to tell?

Terry

Terry, I can help you with that banning too, if you like!  A long time ago, I think I was close to being banned. PeterG sent me one of these, (although it was red faced.)  :angry:    Got my attention too! My wife noticed, so now I have these same stupid stickers all over my home! :rolleyes:

Wayne

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mark McAlpine

Congratulations, Terry!  Just like your monthly articles in the Tidewater Region's newsletter, your occasional presentations at our dinner meetings, and your seminars at the National Meetings, your posts are always filled with great info and/or good advice.

When did forum originate? Terry, I see you were on it starting in 2000, my first post was 2002.

Never been banned, but had posts deleted by moderator. I once discussed the car years of 1916-1928 as the "bastard" years, and post was deleted. Always wondered if I'd been talking about a bastard file what would have happened!

Not sure when it first started - maybe Peter can give us the whole history.  But-it's been enjoyable.  Think I first started when as a fairly new board member, I was asked to serve on the first "Internet Committee."  It was Ron Barnett who worked to help create the internet awards that year, so I was glad to have a role in that part of it.   We used to have meetings at Hershey until one day I though to ask why we needed in person meetings?  It's the internet - if we can't do business by email, what good are we?   Don't think we have any more meetings at Hershey after that!   Enjoyed it when we started relying on some of our regulars to help moderate things.  It was the "wild west" back then and there were some interesting  characters.  I'm sure if there was a basket load of old deleted posted and threads that could be published, it would make fascinating entertainment (but certainly would be banned in Boston - and Hershey!).   I just enjoy the forum, looking most of the time, adding my 10 cents worth when I can, and over the years have seen it really develop into something special for AACA and the old car bobby.  Kinds fits nicely with our mission I think.   To all who read/post and enjoy - keep up the good work!

Terry

Terry,

I don't know when the Forum was started, but I can locate posts that go back as far as June 2000. It appears that there were some deleted posts before that date, but that is the oldest post dates that I can locate . I did not join the Forum until June 2006, so while I was not here at the start, I have done my best to catch up, :D  

Not sure when it first started - maybe Peter can give us the whole history. ..........   Enjoyed it when we started relying on some of our regulars to help moderate things.  It was the "wild west" back then and there were some interesting  characters.  I'm sure if there was a basket load of old deleted posted and threads that could be published, it would make fascinating entertainment (but certainly would be banned in Boston - and Hershey!). 

Terry

Our website has been updated and changed many times since the times Terry is speaking of. I used to go back and reread the old "Rants and Raves" forum. As Terry said, it was the wild west. Most of the "criminals" are no longer with us, probably  now residing on "Boot Hill". It was a real task for the moderators to keep up with things back then. There were probably just as many deleted posts as saved ones!  :blink:

I do miss those days though, even though they did not represent our hobby and who we are very well, so naturally, those times are behind us. Rest in Peace "Rants and Raves"!

Wayne

Congratulations Terry - and 1800 more to come!

Andy, Mary, Cole & Clay