Needed someone to go thru my C-17 trans

RogerPHX

At long last, I've pulled the engine from my C-17 and taken it to the machine shop for refurbishment.  While everything's all apart, I'd like to take my transmission/overdrive to an expert to be gone through.  Would anyone know of a expert in Phoenix?  I'm open to other possibilities.

Cheers,

Roger Irland

Phoenix

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

Hi Roger,

I know a guy in the USA who is very much capable of rebuilding the transmission in your C17.

Contact me by leaving your email address in your reply and I will send your details to him for he to contact you.

If their is anything that he cannot do then I will fo it for him here in Australia.

I note from other postings that you claim that the overdrive planatary pinions have worn out and need rebuilding.

Well I am the one that can do the rebuild by machining and fitting caged needle roller bearings to your overdrive and if coordinated correctly this could form a part of your rebuild as well.

Regards

John Spinks.

Australia

Hi Roger,

I know a guy in the USA who is very much capable of rebuilding the transmission in your C17.

Contact me by leaving your email address in your reply and I will send your details to him for he to contact you.

If their is anything that he cannot do then I will fo it for him here in Australia.

I note from other postings that you claim that the overdrive planatary pinions have worn out and need rebuilding.

Well I am the one that can do the rebuild by machining and fitting caged needle roller bearings to your overdrive and if coordinated correctly this could form a part of your rebuild as well.

Regards

John Spinks.

Australia

Edited by JohnArthurSpinks (see edit history)

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

Hi Roger,

Regards

John Spinks.

Australia

Thanks, John.  We met at the Airflow meet in Tacoma a few years back.  I actually don't know anything about the trans or overdrive, good or bad as I've not had the old girl running since she's been in my care.  Just want to be sure she'll transmit all that Spitfire power to the rear wheel when I get the engine back from the machine shop.

Cheers,

Roger Irland

Mopar37206@att.net